• Show
Clear All

• ''Across the padock''

A well aged fence.Click image for larger version

Name:	PB150324.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	402111

Is that a scanned slide? The colour balance looks way out to my eyes. (I Like the post and rail fence though)!

Comment

Yes well to answer your question , no.

Comment

Reckon it would look ok in B n' W

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
        CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

I love the view this image is showing and the fence is a standout to me, with great textures. The paddock and the sky are also in the view without being distracting. BUT wait for it, here it comes - The image was screaming out for some PP and CC. Very saturated image, not straight and the tree branches in the top left corner don't add to the overall balance of the image. Here's the good bit It only took few adjustments to fix it.
          1: De-saturate it a lot. 2: Crop and straighten. 3: Remove the tree branches (clone or use content aware removal in PS). 4: Adjust the Levels. 5: Contrast and Brightness on the sky.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	pasley-fence-1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	402151
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
          Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

OOPS! Sorry about the CC and other comments. I didn't see it was in snapshots until too late. Please accept my apologies. Con the head gurus please remove my post?
            I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Yes well Isac , I am not offended in the least .........thank you for your comment. A great improvement!

Comment

Pasley, your shot perhaps could have been posted in "Landscapes". Doesn't matter.

But it is good to see a bit of lively, thoughtful CC being offered, even though it was in "Snapshots".

I'm getting a bit annoyed by the lack of CC happening here, so thanks Isac for getting the ball rolling.

It is a very interesting shot pasley, and the original does have a green tinge at my end too.
                Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Yes well I would prefer to use the ''Snap Shots '' section ............I consider myself as a Snap Shooter ,if there is comment so be it !

Comment

Thanks Pasley for being lenient with me I think you are more than just a snap shooter though! We here at AP are always more than willing to help with all aspects of photography. Some of us quite experienced at some things and terrible at other things, I guess that's why we all join in the first place. Even some of the best can learn a trick or two from here. I would like to know what photo editing software you use and the camera you have, thanks mate.
                    I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Yes well Isac ,as I said I am just a simple "Sharp Shooter'' ,I use no Photo editing software , My equipment consists of a Nikon D 5100 and a Olympus TG 1.

Comment

Fair enough Pasley.

My comment about the colour caste made me think of a slide copy using an artificial light source. Knowing that wasn't the case I'm more inclined to think the white balance on the camera wasn't set to suit the scene. We all forget that at times!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X