Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwayne ( toy pho)

Hello this is baby Dwayne as a toy photographer I am trying to get the most realistic look I can get try and think of this as your baby and you paid me to take some portraits of your new born son. Ill explain under each of the photos of what I was trying to achieve as you may know I don't shoot people anyway here we go please honest but and kind remarks hints and tips to teach me improve. Compression not the best as I was not posing him

Click image for larger version

Name:	D not touched.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	331254

this is pretty much out of Camera I opened it in ps raw editor and did not do any adjustments

Name:	D soft look.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	331255

Here I was trying for the soft baby look I like it but let me know your opinion please

Name:	D Black and white.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	331256

Here I tried a soft baby look in B&W is his face to grey

Name:	D barly there look soft.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	331257

here I wanted to have a barley there what I mean colour barley there I like this one as well but what do you think please

this photo I took of baby Dwayne was a pick up camera spare of the moment photo to see how he would come up no posing oh I wanted the dummy to be there but just in the edge if you get what I mean
    All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Who could resist having a photo like this to edit. It is unbelievable how much trouble they go to get realism in these baby dolls.

I've done an edit which has softened the photo even more, because the doll has so much detail it is almost super real. I've tried correcting the colour, because the photos look like they have a slight blue/magenta colour cast to them. I used a curves adjustment layer in photoshop to do this. To soften the skin even more, I used a surface blur in photoshop. His little eyelids and mouth still looked quite harsh, so I ended up softly hand painting a suitable colour over parts of these features.

I did crop the photo, but wasn't sure if I liked my crop as much as your original.

Name:	nikki_dwayne copy.jpg
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	317744

I think your photos of Dwayne definitely belong in the portrait section.

Comment

Thank you IP this is just the type of information I am asking I thought so as well I was a little harsh I think I am in the mix of keeping real and edit but the way your edit turned out I do like it I did have it like that at one stage but undid it all I was worried it was might be a tad soft or some people might thing I am trying to fool them by giving him a softer look not only in colour as I was trying to do but in his skin tone as well. I will be posing him soon and trying to bring the best of me I can. I have just started toy photography and loving it so much and trying to make the toys come almost to life thanks again I like what you have done

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Hi Sandy, I like the third one the best. The baby features are quite harsh so I think that one softens them and makes it look nicer. Does the dolls open? It's eyes are squeezed shut and it doesn't look like a peacefully sleeping baby, it looks like it has a tummy ache. Also, try a different angle as you are looking up his nostrils here.
        Tania

Comment

no he is a sleeping new born boy so his eyes don't open. Yes I did some hard and some softer trying to see what is the best way to go here but not many reply's so not much help and advice that is what happens with holidays . I will doing some more serious shoots with him as this was the test run these are just more point and shot to see what was the best way to go with him as I need to learn thanks a lot Tania for looking and making your comments and the harshness comes from my editing not the baby so much so this is the test run so thanks again so much

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Working...
          X