Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Lights

Through cloud. (Conditions less than perfect with wind and cloud, but I did get something)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Southern lights 2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	415997

That would have been an awesome entry into the challenge last month (colours). Got the whole rainbow there just about.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Made some pretty basic errors in setting up for this. I didn't lock the manual focus ring where I know that it's sharp at infinity. Need to tape it in place I think as it's easily bumped off the sharp spot.

Also the shutter speed was a bit long. Could have bumped the ISO some more for better detail but as it all turned out a bit soft anyway, I'll pretend that I like it that way!

Comment

Amazing colours there SS. How often do you get the Southern lights showing in the sky ?
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironwood View Post
          Amazing colours there SS. How often do you get the Southern lights showing in the sky ?
          Difficult to see with the naked eye, but reasonably often. There is a web site which does a forecast on the probability of aurora. Google Aurora Australis and you should find it.

Comment

What a stunning sight to witness and capture. The colours are amazing.

Comment

Working...
            X