No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Night's Sky

Hi

The stars looked particularly beautiful last night. Must be because I hadn't seen them for awhile with all the average weather we have been having,

Barry and I must have had the same idea. I got my car in one shot as well

The tree is only picking up house light. Milky Way looking South. Not sure what the streak is bottom right - only noticed it in processing.

D7000 Sigma 10-20 @10mm. 30 secs f/4.5 1600 ISO

Looking North

same settings as above
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Lovely night of stars Alan, I'm glad you got the opportunity of seeing stars after so many cloudy nights. I've been out at night over the past few nights, Saturday and Sunday were brilliant aurora spotting nights but in spite of beautiful sunny blue skies during the day, clouded over both nights The next night with no aurora was brilliantly clear and the past two nights although clear I was trying to photograph Comet PanSTARRS but my bad eyesight I missed it lol, even though I got some other shots.

I love all your lush greenery in both photos with all those stars in the background and the colours are great.
    Jenne

My Gallery
    My Flickr Gallery

Comment

Must have a been an incredible still night, not a blade of grass seems to have moved.
      I am impressed that this is the night view from your home and you can use house lights to recreate this.
      Colours are great in both, amazing sky tones in the second but love the balance in the first.
      Been promising myself to do this since Barry first posted, your images are a good reminder why I should.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
      Haven't been there, not done that.
      Jo

Comment

I like the pics, partucularly number 1. Speaking of number 1, if you look just to the right of the base of the tree, there looks to be a beared person......(."theme from the Twilight Zone plays") eerie stuff.........and no... I have not had any bourbon.....recently.
        "Each of us has their own calling"

Comment

These are lovely but I particularly like the composition and the tones of the tree in #1.

Comment

Thanks everyone - it's a fun and frustrating thing. DSLRs make it so much easier to get the exposure close
            Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

#1 for me Alan, ripper shot. Personally though, I'd try to clone out the line in the sky on the RHS as I find it distracting from the tree. Love the cool blues of the stars VS the warm lighting on the tree though.
              -Tim.

Comment

I like both of them. Think the streak in the 1st one is probably a satellite passing over. You've captured the direction of it's track!
                Last edited by seaslug; 07-03-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Wonderful shots Alan. You're getting me thinking. Our skies in the west are very clear at the moment and the Pan-Starrs is supposed to be at it's best to see it tonight and tomorrow. I'll have a crack at it with DSLR and the SX50 (with it's 1200mm lens).
                  I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
                  My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
                  Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

I get my money back. That sky is not dark enough.
                    Ours has more black, and less of those white specky things that ruin a night sky!!
                    D7100, SB700. PS CS5, LR 4.4 - Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X