No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wedgetail eagle

for monday and tuesday, we have been seing a clearly injured roo mainly laying down on the ground. appeared to have something wrong with mouth but quite skittish and still able to run,
    I called rescue in yesterday and was also able to get a pic of its face, rescue were going to euthanise it due to extent of injuries, but not able to as it ran off.
    today I found him dead down the paddock and inspection showed that he had most likely been shot, but left to run off. annoys me that people would do that,
    but wondering if the eagles would see it (as if there was any doubt!)
    kept an eye out and there has been a wedgetail back 3 times. scared off 3 times too by magpies. light isnt too good today and is raining, but eagles are worth getting wet for.
    I have so many pix to go thru I hardly know where to start. first time I got the closest as I had best cover. was full frame range with tc17 on (1000mm)
    biggest problem was my glasses fogging up.and light changing.
    d5 600f4 tc17 (1000mm) 1/1250 and 1600 f8 iso 1600 full frame

Click image for larger version  Name:	wedge tail 8588.jpg Views:	11 Size:	158.2 KB ID:	495001
    Click image for larger version  Name:	wedge tail 8569.jpg Views:	13 Size:	338.3 KB ID:	495002
    Last edited by avkomp; 16-11-2022, 09:27 PM.
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Look at the expression on the eagle. Lovely detail well captured.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

all in all I got 4 chances at the eagles today. there were 2 eagles at it after it got dusk.
      hopefully tomorrow the carcass is still there and there might be diners again.
      these 2 pix are from the first time they were seen.
      light got pretty good this afternoon and I got a bunch of decent pix again.
      really want a flying towards me pic, but didnt happen cos light was from NW but wind from SW.
      big birds take off into the wind so no joy there. probably none tomorrow either, but never know.
      no real cover for me to the SW either

Comment

What a great opportunity Stephen. Excellent shots here and it sounds like there are plenty more to come.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Great to see you out and about getting wet for a good cause Stephen. Great shots and I like that the maggie would challenge a much bigger opponent - and having a few things to say by the look.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
          Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Excellent shots. Really like the pose in the first one and the interaction in the second.
            Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

I been keeping an eye on this carcass and not much action. I visited it this morning and still looks viable although the head and chest area eaten by whatever.
              yesterday morning I saw a juvenile, likely this years' in it for a bit, but no chance of a decent pic and it took off as soon as it saw me at like 200 or more metres.
              not seen eagles at all today, but I got a wedgetail feather by the carcass. so happy with that. I saw the eagles soaring lowish down around midday and took a few pix, but light was mega harsh.
              I think they were contemplating a feed but decided against it. maybe too much food around, who knows. I do have quite a lot of decent pix from the 4 visits on day one though. so that may be it. grrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Isac
                Isac commented
                Editing a comment
                ... and there's always tomorrow Stephen ...
            Working...
            X