No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Wagtail nest

I discovered this Willie nest in one of the parks when I saw one of the parent birds fly to it. It is about head height and barely two metres from the boardwalk, but well hidden by branches and twigs.

The photos are poor quality because of the branches and twigs and the only spot with any visibility meant shooting against the light. I moved further away before taking any photos and these are heavy crops.

I'm only posting these because I thought they might be of interest, and I had to try and match Isac's and Stephen's nests.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221111_EaglebyWetlands_0168.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.3 KB ID:	494768

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221111_EaglebyWetlands_0179.jpg Views:	0 Size:	298.7 KB ID:	494767

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221111_EaglebyWetlands_0183.jpg Views:	0 Size:	294.9 KB ID:	494766
    Alan W

My Gallery

Nice moment and interaction. Nice shots.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David. The subject is good but the shots are rather poor.

Well spotted Alan. They do a great job of building their nests. They build them so close to where human traffic is, which is surprising. The one I see is only 1 metre from my window, 2 metres from my front door and head high. Still no bubs as yet but I check every day from my window.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      It would have been very easy to walk past this one without seeing it. It was the way the bird flew in, stayed for a moment, then left, that caught my attention. Even then I couldn't really make out the nest until I pointed the big lens at it.

good work on finding this and getting a few pix. so long as you far enough away to get the pix, no problems too.
    you can just about always find the willy nest by the way the behaving at it too.
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stephen
Working...
X