No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comb-crested Jacana

A few more shots from Monday. I actually lay down for the most of these, to try and get a more interesting angle and a cleaner background.

All with Nikon D800 and Nikon 500PF f/5.6

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220314_TygumPark_0123.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	429.8 KB
ID:	484699

Name:	20220314_TygumPark_0125.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	484700

3. I used Photoshop's Depth Blur Neural Filter to apply more blur to the background in this one. I think it worked well.

Name:	20220314_TygumPark_0131-Edit.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	484701

4. For comparison, this one was taken just crouching down.

Name:	20220314_TygumPark_0117.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	484702
    Alan W

My Gallery

So good. Love the warm colours in these images. Also captured this bird in doing what it does rather than in fight or flight mode. But you have to remember I know nothing about bird photography.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback Hans. It's how you respond to a photo really - whether landscape, portrait or bird.

Never seen these and they are on the hit list. Thanks for posting for us who have not not seen them before.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ralph. They are found along the coast of North-eastern Australia down to Grafton or a bit further south. They are quite small and tend to be shy. Most lakes around here will have a pair of them.

Lovely tones as Hans mentioned and good to see it in its natural surroundings Alan. #2 for me is really great and #4 really shows off how big their feet are. I'm glad you are able to get down low for your shots - for a few of us it's just a distant memory.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. At 74 I’m finding it harder than it used to be to get down (and up again), but thankful that I can still manage it.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I've yet to reach that milestone Alan (not far off it though) and I'm also not a gambler. Getting down EASY, getting up 40/60 (not good odds for me).
Working...
X