No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crimson rosella

been eyeing off this perch for a while. the birds all land there and waddle down to drink but if I go out with the camera, they fly off and I get squat. you get late arvo light and nothing behind it for 300m. today I was outside sitting watching mum and baby red necked wallaby and had prefocussed on the branch. this rosella landed and didnt have time to fly off. being there and sitting may have helped. I had too much lens on for the wallabies really but got some nice pix. was about ideal for this guy.
    d5 600f4 tc17 (1000mm) 1/1250 f8 iso 1600. full frame (with camera turned vertically)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rosella 2235.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	467286
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Wonderful shot Stephen. I love everything about it, the background, the mix of in focus and OOF greenery, and of course the bird itself.
    My Gear

Comment

Love it Stephen. Professional looking image of the highest quality. I'm interested to know what the BG is?
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

thanks folks. if you look at the bg, you can see 3 kinda layers. these would be the paddock with some grasses etc out to maybe 200-250m from the bird, then the bushline and maybe 300m
        then the mountains etc km or so away. more than enough distance to get a b/g like this
        the bokeh of the lens did all the work here. it wouldnt matter what was behind the bird at that range. b/g is straight out of camera like that. I didnt have to do anything to the bird either cos late arvo light was on it. resize to 1000 and sharpen for web. I love it in these conditions. been waiting months for an opportunity on this branch. you may see them there but they go right away. hopefully more birds will become aware of the birdbath as the weather heats up, there is another pool near the house tanks and comes from overflow of or tanks, but I was going to be happy if it got filled in and meant our water was the only show in town, but the echidnas dug it out again (them and or wombats) we didnt know echidnas bathed in water either, but they do. my partner got a phone pic of the very deed. amazing. so I have relented and let them have their over flow pool. there been assorted cockatoos watering there last summer. yellow tail black, glossy black, gang gang etc.
        not necessarily able to get a pic. hopefully more opportunities soon......... the wallabies there most days or close ish anyhow. sometimes need removal from the roses too
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Very nice,you`ve ticked all the boxes with this one.
          C+C,EDITS OK
          I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

Working...
          X