No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red-backed fairywren

Had fun chasing and learning about these little guys behaviour while visiting near Gladstone, Qld.

A small group (3 females?, 1 male) were heading along the waters edge amongst the reeds in one direction with each having a turn at being 'the look-out'. I found it was just a matter of moving up ahead of them, waiting for them to catch up, and then hoping the male would pop-up in good light.

#1. Red-backed fairywren with a little artistic 'Orton Blur' added to the background in post.

Canon EOS 80D ~ 08:22:20 ~ 1/200 sec ~ Aperture priority ~ 0.33 EV ~ ƒ8 ~ ISO 400 ~ 400 mm ~ Spot

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

I like it Gaz. Well done.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

good capture. I not seen one of these in the wild. tiny bit more head turn would have been stronger, but close enough.
      Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
        I like it Gaz. Well done.
        Originally posted by avkomp View Post
        good capture. I not seen one of these in the wild. tiny bit more head turn would have been stronger, but close enough.
        Thanks very much you two. I appreciate the comments and suggestion. Was a great way to fill in a day or two

CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Lovely image Gaz. I really like the treatment you gave it.

I got some shots of one of these males at the Mackay Botanical Gardens a few years ago. I remember it was a foggy morning, and the background was whited out.
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

That's so nice, reminds me of a Chinese illustration.
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

Worthy of recognition Gaz!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Gaz-Tiny-Birds-copy.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	465898
              I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
              My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
              Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironwood View Post
                Lovely image Gaz. I really like the treatment you gave it.

I got some shots of one of these males at the Mackay Botanical Gardens a few years ago. I remember it was a foggy morning, and the background was whited out.
                Thanks very much, Brad.
                They were a lot of fun with not so many keepers. Exposing for their dark colour meant I had a lot of very bright backgrounds.

Cheers.

Originally posted by HansE View Post
                That's so nice, reminds me of a Chinese illustration.
                Thanks very much, Hans. It does have a rather 'Painted' feel to it. Cheers.

Originally posted by Isac View Post
                Worthy of recognition Gaz!
                Thanks very much, Isac. Well, doesn't that look special. Thanks for taking the time to produce that. I'll keep an eye out for it in the book stores

Comment

• Isac
                  Isac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love doing this stuff Gaz. These types of edits are all in actions I've written for Photoshop - free on my website for anyone who wants them.
              Working...
              X