All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaly-breasted

Thanks for letting me join the forum.
    Thought it would be good to share some photos rather than let them gather digital dust as they tend to do these days.
    Photography is a second priority for me behind bushwalking and enjoying nature which I wish I had more time to do.
    I didn't have to go far for this one though. Flocks of Scaly-breasted and Rainbow Lorikeets have been living in my yard the past couple of months with all my trees being in flower. I have a good view out the window and this was one of many taken through the glass (good excuse to clean the window too).

D7100, 300mm f/4E

Click image for larger version

Name:	bD71_1925.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	432914

Rebecca

Welcome Rebecca

Another bird photographer who photographs parrots through windows with a Nikon and a 300mm f/4 lens

You should fit in real well
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Usually not through windows as I'm lucky to have lots of birds around home so don't have to wander far for photos. Glad they use my trees as well though, that's what they're there for

Thanks
      Rebecca

Comment

Welcome Rebecca ..... a beautiful capture of your visitor
        Barb
        "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Hi Rebecca, and welcome.

Don't let those images gather dust, post them here so we can enjoy them too

The Scaly Breasts visit my place when the Cadagi trees are in blossom, none here at the moment though.
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

A lovely way to grace the forum pages Galah. Welcome to our family. I can see by your photo and introduction that you love the outdoors and wildlife. You will, as Alan has said, fit in well here and we do hope you enjoy the experience. I'm salivating at the prospect of seeing more of your photos. Do post soon, and as you are more than just a very capable photographer, we'd love to get your comments on other members photos as well. Cheers.
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
            Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Welcome Rebecca and a very nice shot. I see very few of these around here but we have lots of Rainbow Lorikeets.

You and Alan must have better quality windows than I do; the only time I tried, the shots were so blurry I thought the lens was broken.
              Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

I was surprised at how unnoticeable the glass was Alan. I think it all depends on the angle and where the sun is. I made sure there were no reflections and also the tree is at eye level which helps.

Thanks Isac. Great to see you support Kaarakin. Black cockatoos are a big passion and I visited Kaarakin a few years ago too.
                Rebecca

Comment

• Isac
                  Isac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Rebecca, glad you liked Kaarakin. I do IT and photography up there - it's pretty close to home. I've just finished the inaugural Kaarakin Calendar for 2017 for a fundraiser so I hope that sells well, we need every cent we can get. Thanks for your reply.

nice light in this one. to me the focus looks to be slightly behind the eye of this guy
                Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
                X