No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comb Crested Jacana

Eve and I went to Cattana Wetlands not far from us. It's a lovely place and we enjoyed our walk around. I really need a long lens lol. Gabby needs to come up for a visit Eve was great for spotting butterflies, dragonflies and caterpillar.

The best I can do with my 100mm macro lens when birding lol.

cattana wetlands 082 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

cattana wetlands 083 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
    Anna
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
    My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

looks a nice spot. maybe your hubby could have one of the 50mm lens and you get a 500 mm. Just an extra zero on the end so it should not be that more expensive than his 50 mm

Comment

You did well to capture these two shots with a 100mm they are so quick to move around.

Always amazed at the size of their feet.
      Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
      Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

Looks like a magical place and seeing the Jacana walking on lillies would be a wonderful sight.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
        Haven't been there, not done that.
        Jo

Comment

These are really great scenes Anna and they are fast little devils - lucky you to have a wetlands nearby. Well the weather is getting cooler for a visit to Cairns (humidity just drains my energy) but not sure how prolific the wildlife is in winter.

Comment

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
            These are really great scenes Anna and they are fast little devils - lucky you to have a wetlands nearby. Well the weather is getting cooler for a visit to Cairns (humidity just drains my energy) but not sure how prolific the wildlife is in winter.
            All depends on what wildlife you want to see, but up on the Daintree river winter is the best time to see wildlife, crocs come out of the water because it is too cold for them and they need the sun to warm their bodies. There is always heaps of bird life around. In early winter you are also able to see all the new season hatchling crocs, only 12 inches long in the shallows near the river bank. If you go up there make sure you go on a river cruise at low tide, the operators don't tell you this but you will see much more on a low tide than on a high tide, low tide all the crocs are on sand banks out of the water.

If you are driving through let me know and I can show you or tell you one or two spots to visit around Ayr.
            Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
            Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

Thanx everyone.
              This Jacana really wasn't going too quick as it was concentrating on the water and what it can get. I would have stayed longer but having Eve there urging me to move on was a bit of a hinder and then she had to go to toilet so a hike back to the carpark.

I don't know what the wildlife in winter is like but it's not going to get seriously cold. It's begun to get cooler in the mornings and evenings though and no swimming in the pool now.

Gabby, if you do head up this way, let me know and we can go on a walkabout somewhere.
              Anna
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
              My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

With a 500mm you would have pushed him off the lily pad!

Good shots Anna, especially the first.
                -----------------------------------------------------
                Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Working...
                X