No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egret - fishing for food

A fabulous variety of birds at the local lake. They really put on a show!

Thanks for looking,
    Last edited by Isac; 19-08-2013, 07:41 PM. Reason: Photos were accidently moved in PhotoBucket
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Interesting series with plenty of action. Parts of the wings appear to be blown in a few of these, which can be difficult to avoid with white birds.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Interesting series of images, I really like #1 the bird looks really focused on catching a feed.

Although the other 4 images show a lot of action and look really I think that the subject could have been more central in the frame rather than off to the right.

I realize its not always possible when shooting wild life but all 4 images have the same short coming.
      Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
      Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

notwithstanding the hot whites, you have captured some good action here
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Some great action shots and good story telling set.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
            Interesting series of images, I really like #1 the bird looks really focused on catching a feed.

Although the other 4 images show a lot of action and look really I think that the subject could have been more central in the frame rather than off to the right.

I realize its not always possible when shooting wild life but all 4 images have the same short coming.
            Sorry Isac,realised this morning it was my browser that was truncating the right hand side of your images.
            Forget my previous remarks.
            Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
            Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

Well when I opened up your images I thought 'whoa' and then my eyes screwed up and my mouth formed a slight jelous sneer.
              I really like the action and how your muddy swamp background has been softened.

I suppose the definition could possibly be more defined - (something I can't seem to do with these birds on water) but bwteen the tones and the action these images look beautiful to me.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
              Haven't been there, not done that.
              Jo

Comment

#2 is a crack imo Isac. I believe they have their wings up to create a shadow

Comment

Beautiful action shots !
                  Canon 7D , 60D

Comment

Originally posted by wigz View Post
                    Interesting series with plenty of action. Parts of the wings appear to be blown in a few of these, which can be difficult to avoid with white birds.
                    Thanks wigz. I did notice the blown bits but I thought the action outweighed it by a smidgeon.

Originally posted by avkomp View Post
                    notwithstanding the hot whites, you have captured some good action here
                    Thanks for looking Stephen and the comments are appreciated.

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
                    Some great action shots and good story telling set.
                    Thank you P Plates. Always good to get your feedback.

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                    Sorry Isac,realised this morning it was my browser that was truncating the right hand side of your images.
                    Forget my previous remarks.
                    Forgotten already and thanks Gordon. I do like to use ROT when I can and I like to leave a little space in front of the subject - just my own framing method. I'm not a fan of centralising the subject unless it screams out to be that way.

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    Well when I opened up your images I thought 'whoa' and then my eyes screwed up and my mouth formed a slight jealous sneer.
                    I really like the action and how your muddy swamp background has been softened. I suppose the definition could possibly be more defined - (something I can't seem to do with these birds on water) but between the tones and the action these images look beautiful to me.
                    As always I really enjoy your input Jo. Although the pics aren't perfect, I just had to grab them. I'm working on the detail part but it's not easy with the subjects always moving about. Maybe I should slip into something a little more comfortable (called AUTO Mode)

Originally posted by Lost View Post
                    #2 is a crack imo Isac. I believe they have their wings up to create a shadow
                    Glad you like Lost. Thank you for commenting. The wing thing is correct - they would probably prefer a CPL filter!

Originally posted by Skidlid View Post
                    Beautiful action shots !
                    Thank you Skidlid. I've had a couple of visits to the lake recently and the number of birds is amazing. They do provide lots of photo opportunities.
                    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
                    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
                    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X