Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Different

As scuba diving is a sport, I posted this here but recognise it fits well in other categories as well.

The shots are all slides originally taken on one of two Nikonas outfits I had at the time and copied on a light box with a Sony A65 and Sigma 105mm macro lens. They were taken in the mid 1980s on a Club excursion to a small island seal colony in Bass Strait called Barrenjoey or Tenth Island.

A short while after I did this dive a lady diver from another Club was taken by a great white shark at this location.
    I haven't dived it since!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashore.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	585.0 KB
ID:	402775

Name:	Big Bull.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	673.8 KB
ID:	402780

Name:	Peter and friend..jpg
Views:	65
Size:	439.7 KB
ID:	402778

Name:	Inquisition.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	447.1 KB
ID:	402779

Name:	Eyes.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	402776

Name:	Teeth.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	402777

interesting story and shots Greg.... great quality considering the process they went though to be digitalized.
    I used to spear fish years ago....had my keeper net taken a couple of times......I got the hint.....sharks don't walk on land so I don't go swimming in the ocean
    cheers
    Rod
    Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by wacko-ocker View Post
      interesting story and shots Greg.... great quality considering the process they went though to be digitalized.
      I used to spear fish years ago....had my keeper net taken a couple of times......I got the hint.....sharks don't walk on land so I don't go swimming in the ocean
      Thanks Rod.. try not to think about them too much, There's more risks just getting to the dive sites I recon.

I'm finding this method of slide copying gives a much better result than the Canon scanner. I know what I'll be doing now when I can't get out and about as much!

Comment

Seals are beautiful and such a joy to watch frolicking in the water. As for sharks, scary! But, we are all probably more at danger every time we hop behind the wheel of our car. I don't swim in the ocean any more but it's the stingers up here that keep me out.

Comment

Working...
        X