No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to a Camp Draft at the weekend --

G'day all

Never been to a camp draft before - and this one in Charters Towers had attracted umpteen-hundred competitors and their umpteen-hundred horses

The event was a 3-day affair tho I only was there for a couple of hours as I found in the end that it had action for the horse people, but for me I think that 'once will be enough'

The horse rider has to cut an animal out from a herd while inside a large pen, then take the animal out into the arena and thru a figure-of-eight movement through various gates
    These images are as the animal & rider approach me in the middle of the process

1-

exif- Panny G2 with 14-140 @ 60mm; 1/2000s x f5,2; iso-640

2-

exif- Panny G2 with 14-140 @ 45mm; 1/1000s x f4,8; iso-400

3-

exif- Panny G2 with 14-140 @ 45mm; 1/1600s x f4,8; iso-640 [background blurred in pp]

4-

exif- Panny G2 with 14-140 @ 55mm; 1/1600s x f5,2; iso-640 [background blurred in pp]

5-

exif- Panny G2 with 14-140 @ 70mm; 1/1600s x f5,6; iso-800 [background blurred in pp]

As always, comments & feedback welcome
    Phil

Good series Phil. In #2 that ringer looks bigger than the horse!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Very interesting Phil, I did try this years ago while living/working in the Alice "Definitely hard work and skills required"
      Just wondering if the rider in the last(5) stayed on? Looks like the saddle is slipping

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
      CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
        Ozzie_Traveller commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes mate ... the rider had no issues with staying in the saddle
    Working...
    X