No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last PCs from the Gold Coast

A Dawn Wave at Snapper Rocks

Cropped and noisy (in more ways than one) view of Surfers Paradise from the unit. The Norfolk Island Pines in foreground were the roosting place to 10000 Rainbow Lorikeets - at least

The noise was deafening for an hour at sunset.

Thanks for indulging me

Cheers
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

haven't been to Snapper Rocks for several years now...real nice break there
    That shot of the GC is not so bad...normally the haze is so bad it can be barely
    seen.
    cheers
    tim
    flickr

on the web, www.timmography.com

Comment

These are really great Alan, they will be a wonderful reminder of your holiday
      Tania

Comment

Two beautiful shots Alan, each in their own way.

#1 - a moment perfectly caught. The color, light, PP spot on. The white of the surf - I can almost hear it. Great composition.

#2 - what an interesting take on what could easily be a cliche.

OK. Here it comes. My suggestions. As soon as I saw it I thought: That Norfolk Is Pine has to go! Potentially an interesting counterpoint in the shot, but has to go.

Also - the sky. Would benefit from a bit of a gradient to darken and bring out the detail in the clouds. And maybe a bit more contrast/black in the buildings, although this may change the character of the shot too much. Not sure.

PS What do you mean "Last PCs from the Gold Coast"? You mean last ones till you go back in a week or two! I know what you retired blokes are like. Life is one big party alternating with holidays. Get a job!!
        Last edited by sejac; 11-04-2011, 07:32 PM.
        Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post
          haven't been to Snapper Rocks for several years now...real nice break there
          That shot of the GC is not so bad...normally the haze is so bad it can be barely
          seen.
          cheers
          tim
          Thanks Tim, yes the haze was always evident

Originally posted by tanz View Post
          These are really great Alan, they will be a wonderful reminder of your holiday
          Thanks tanz - it was a nice holiday

Originally posted by sejac View Post
          Two beautiful shots Alan, each in their own way.

#1 - a moment perfectly caught. The color, light, PP spot on. The white of the surf - I can almost hear it. Great composition.

#2 - what an interesting take on what could easily be a cliche.

OK. Here it comes. My suggestions. As soon as I saw it I thought: That Norfolk Is Pine has to go! Potentially an interesting counterpoint in the shot, but has to go.

Also - the sky. Would benefit from a bit of a gradient to darken and bring out the detail in the clouds. And maybe a bit more contrast/black in the buildings, although this may change the character of the shot too much. Not sure.

PS What do you mean "Last PCs from the Gold Coast"? You mean last ones till you go back in a week or two! I know what you retired blokes are like. Life is one big party alternating with holidays. Get a job!!
          Thanks Charles

I knew someone would complain about the pine (that's why it's in this forum - you never learn - I don't mind though) - Mrs C wanted it left in, and who am I to disagree - but as you say, it's a counter point and has a reference in the intro.

I certainly hope they are not my last - July in Noosa is looking good

A job !! You're starting to sound like Mrs C

Cheers

I k are enjoying work
          Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
          X