Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Beach

Hi, Haven't been here for awhile. I've looked in occasionally and noticed a paucity of poodle photographs. (your recent attempt is noted Mick). So I tried to post one from Firefox and it wouldn't work. Neither would the 'go to last post' button while trying to look at other posts. So here I am trying in Chrome....

Our dog beach is populated with a plethora of poodles and petite pooches in the morning.

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

G'day Alan

Beaut image but to me, the centre of interest is the poodle & shadow at the bottom ...

Thoughts?
    Phil

Comment

Alan, it's so good to see you back here. And you obviously haven't lost your touch. Bella was starting to worry by your absence. She feared that you may have lost confidence, following her harsh but fair comments regarding your work.

And Phil, of course the poodle is the centre of interest. As it should be.
      Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Welcome back Alan. This place is better with your contributions. I think the photo is a lovely portrayal of what it's like to live the life of Riley. Phil's idea is also commendable - making 2 good images. I too am now the proud owner of a 4 legged friend. He's a Panda Faced Cavoodle (Charlie - 3 mths old)so could be classed as a close cousin to your poodles. When he accepts that he's a dog and not a human, we should have quite a bit of fun together. He's grown a fair bit. He's 11 months old (Fatter Charlie)
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Cheers guys. Thanks for the suggestion Phil. I don't think I'd have the pixels in the phone photo for a crop like that.

Looking forward to seeing some more doggie photos Greg

Not sure how long I can put up with having to open another Browser to Post and Comment. No one else seems to have a problem with Firefox?
          Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Try Palemoon, It's very fast and I don't have any issues with it. What search engine do you use?

• Alan
            Alan commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm on a Mac Greg. I use Google to search.
            Try using a different browser like Bing instead of Google. Here's the site for Palemoon for Mac: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Interne...ale-Moon.shtml
            can't hurt to try it out.
            Last edited by Isac; 03-06-2018, 02:47 PM.

• Alan
            Alan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Greg - using it to 'comment' now - seems like it will work.... 3 browsers now open

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Cheers guys. Thanks for the suggestion Phil. I don't think I'd have the pixels in the phone photo for a crop like that. ...
          Not sure how long I can put up with having to open another Browser to Post and Comment. No one else seems to have a problem with Firefox?
          Firefox behaves beautifully for me on this site and most others ... I say 'most' as last week, anytime I goto Facebook for any reason, Firefox closes down completely.
          I do not use Fb for personal stuff, but I use it for comments onto other photo and travelling groups ... so I'm not really hammered at its loss but would be interested to find out the cause & solution
          Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post

Firefox behaves beautifully for me on this site and most others ... I say 'most' as last week, anytime I goto Facebook for any reason, Firefox closes down completely.
            I do not use Fb for personal stuff, but I use it for comments onto other photo and travelling groups ... so I'm not really hammered at its loss but would be interested to find out the cause & solution
            Phil
            When ever I log onto this site I get a notice in the address line that it is an unsecured site. I've not noticed this with others I'm involved with. I'm wondering whether it is incompatible with the security features of some of the browsers?

Comment

Welcome back Alan. Always appreciated your contributions around here.
              Welcome back Charles too. Good to see some life being breathed back into this place.
              Sony A7rii
              https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Something to try if Firefox Quantum keeps crashing.

Firstly, uninstall Firefox COMPLETELY. These programs are great at getting rid of all program files.
                For MAC:
                For PC:

Download and install the latest version of Firefox Quantum.
                For MAC:
                For PC:

After you have installed a fresh version of Firefox, do the following.
                1. Go to the Firefox menu and click on "OPTIONS"
                Click image for larger version

Name:	SH7_ 98.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	452118
                2. Click on "PRIVACY & SECURITY" and scroll down until you get to "PERMISSIONS" then check the box at "PREVENT ACCESSIBILTY SERVICES FROM ACCESSING YOUR BROWSER"
                Click image for larger version

Name:	SH7_ 97.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	452119
                Re-boot your computer and all should be OK.

This is only a suggested method and may not completely fix your issue if there is some other hidden causes.
                I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
                My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
                Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
                  Welcome back Alan. Always appreciated your contributions around here.
                  Welcome back Charles too. Good to see some life being breathed back into this place.
                  Thanks Todd
                  Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
                  X