Clear All

• Yeeeees babeeee!

Check out my new ride...

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	451769

No wait, wrong pic. This is my new ride...

Mint condition 80 series diesel n/a 1HZ manual cruiser wagon. Bought it just a few days ago and still can't get the smile off my face

Bullbar, spotties, full length roof rack, twin rear wheel carriers (one converted to twin jerry holder) 2 inch lift, dual batteries, safari snorkel, drawers in rear and fridge slide. Owned previously by a fastidious mechanical engineer, a mate of a mate so all good. Just had complete fluid change including brake, clutch, diffs, gearbox and radiator. New water pump, hoses and fanbelts, swivel hubs and rear wheel bearings recently serviced, rebuilt steering pump...the list goes on.

Drives like a dream.

I've been 4wd-less for far too long but am now ready to hit the tracks and get seriously lost again.

Have hardly picked up a camera for nearly two years to be honest, complete loss of mojo. That's about to change, big time.

So, a few little tweaks to do and then a quick run up to Gregory National Park in the NT for a shake down trip then, well, dunno really. But the maps are spread all over the kitchen table at the moment and excitement levels are on the rise. Canning Stock Route, Simpson desert and Munja track are all high priorities plus a few more places I haven't even thought of yet.

Yeee haaa!

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum4.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	451770

Dunno anything about that other cruiser other than it's begging for a red sticker
    Last edited by loose cannon; 24-05-2018, 11:16 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Good on you Mick. The Cruisers are pretty reliable and comfortable. You'll have heaps of fun and go plenty of places in that mate. The rack would be good for a rooftop tent The only thing missing is a winch for when you get bogged Don't forget to post up the photos of your trip to Gregory so we can all be jealous!!
    Lloyd
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr
    Smugmug

Comment

Bought a Darche Airvolution dome swag for the rack to keep the crocs at bay and a camp stretcher for non-croc country Lloyd. Decided it's time for me to upgrade from camping to glamping

These old bones need a bit of tlc these days

Comment

Awesome Mick. Stoked for you. They're a solid old bus the 80. See you out there.
        Sony A7rii
        https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Cheers Todd.

Comment

Feeling really happy for you old mate! Get moving and keep safe and trouble free. Room for the guitar?
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
            Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Looks the part, and I recon that gas shower on the top one is a great idea, but would never pass inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
                Feeling really happy for you old mate! Get moving and keep safe and trouble free. Room for the guitar?
                Cheers Isac. Can't really play much anymore as the hands are showing their age a bit. Sold the Maton a while back. Life goes on though

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
                Looks the part, and I recon that gas shower on the top one is a great idea, but would never pass inspection.

Gas bottle is probably out of date, could be a problem there.

Comment

Ah mate ... you poor bugga ... having to sleep up on the roof

At least my rig has a bed and cooking and all that stuff internally - but can't do the Canning, or Big Red or 1001 other places ~ maybe you'll pop down to see the Lake filling once the waters are thru Birdsville ... another place I can't get to either > bugga me

[slightly envious] Regards, Phil

Comment

The 80 series were a good honest workhorse, fit for your purpose, that's for sure. I reckon that hot shower would come in handy with winter coming on
                    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Onya Mick! That's brilliant news. There's nothing like having a decent set of wheels, especially when there are places to go. Long overdue.

About a year ago, I treated myself (and Eliz, but she is not a car person) to a new vehicle. But I don't like taking the Audi out when it's wet, let alone taking her on unsealed roads, so sadly, you won't be seeing me out bush any time soon.
                      Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
                        Ah mate ... you poor bugga ... having to sleep up on the roof

At least my rig has a bed and cooking and all that stuff internally - but can't do the Canning, or Big Red or 1001 other places ~ maybe you'll pop down to see the Lake filling once the waters are thru Birdsville ... another place I can't get to either > bugga me

[slightly envious] Regards, Phil
                        Yeah, but you don't get rained on or eaten by mozzies and bugs Phil. Some days I think I'm just too dumb or stubborn to get out of the weather Been doing this too long to change now.

Originally posted by Ironwood View Post
                        The 80 series were a good honest workhorse, fit for your purpose, that's for sure. I reckon that hot shower would come in handy with winter coming on
                        I wouldn't mind one of those showers to be honest as bird baths are starting to get a bit old...and cold. Luckily my sense of smell is limited so I get by

Gotta love a good 80 series

Comment

Did it come with the faux tomatoes... cos if it did I would have so bought it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
                          Haven't been there, not done that.
                          Jo

Comment

Originally posted by sejac View Post
                            Onya Mick! That's brilliant news. There's nothing like having a decent set of wheels, especially when there are places to go. Long overdue.

About a year ago, I treated myself (and Eliz, but she is not a car person) to a new vehicle. But I don't like taking the Audi out when it's wet, let alone taking her on unsealed roads, so sadly, you won't be seeing me out bush any time soon.
                            An Audi, Charles! Nice.

I understand how you feel about getting the new toy wet. Just yesterday I drove through some roadworks and the Cruiser copped some dust and a tiny smattering of mud. Had to go home and wash it immediately. I've complained to the Council.

No idea how I'm ever going to deal with a pothole or those nasty scratchy bushy things.

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            Did it come with the faux tomatoes... cos if it did I would have so bought it.
                            Jo!

I can see you driving this around town Jo, got your name all over it.

Comment

Sad about the guitar playing Mick. Fortunately, I'm still playing and singing in our 60's band (since 1975) and still getting gigs. I might post link to a few snippets later.
                              I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
                              My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
                              Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X