No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing minimalism

Attached Files

You've got some interesting shots there Gabby. Not sure they fit the "mini." theme or not. #1 and #4 would fit a texture theme well and #1 is a shot I quite like.

Comment

Thanks Greg. Probably should have left more negative space in a few of them.

Comment

I like how having themes gives a different way to look at photography. I theorize the more schemas you have the more possibilites for taking great shots and it's great to see you thinking about how to apply a theme.
        According to some minimilism can rely on texture and pattern, but then that has to be the key repeated element.
        Did you take a look at the examples/information that was linked in the challenge thread?
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
        Haven't been there, not done that.
        Jo

Comment

Yes I did Jo. Minimilism is something I struggle with - always want to get everything in, so I was quite happy when I saw the theme. I think the buoys etc would have worked better with more negative space around them but unfortunately the marina is quite busy and difficult to get that. I should have probably taken more time and explored further. Was actually thinking of a beach one similar to the one you just posted but couldn't be bothered driving down to the beach.

Comment

Working...
          X