No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't get the camera wet .... woo hoo

This the before picture ....

Having a nice ride in the bush, when we come across a large volume of water across the track with blackberry brambles along the edges. I said 'turn around' .... he said 'it's only *this* deep' .... I lifted my feet up, lifted the camera higher ... we entered the water and .... shock horror .... there were ruts and mud in the bottom ..... SPLAT!!

10.20 by barvan55, on Flickr

This is after picture .....

I was muddier than him .... was not fun lifting the bike upright in the mud ..... lucky we fell to the left to the edge and not to the right - right in the middle of the puddle ..... but the camera stayed spotless .... well done me

10.20 -1 by barvan55, on Flickr
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Trust your gut feelings Barb.

Glad it all ended well.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by caralan View Post
      Trust your gut feelings Barb.

Glad it all ended well.

Thanks, and so am I it ended well, we were in the middle of woop woop, no phone coverage and I don't think anyone else had been along this track for quite a while ...... and less than half an hour earlier Bill had seen a WILD DOG ahead of us on another track ..... he said it was big .... glad I didn't see it as I am sure there would have an 'incontinent moment'
      Barb
      "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Glad to see you had your priorities right and kept the camera high . It's always a bit of a worry being off the beaten track if something goes wrong. Don't know what it's like down your way but quite often the mobile coverage is none or lousy at best in the bush up here.

Comment

• Sully
          Sully commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here PP next to zero coverage out in the bush …

put some doors on it

Comment

Basic rule in the bush. Don't enter water in a vehicle until you have walked it. Glad it worked out well.
          Terry
          An Olympus E620 user

Comment

• Sully
            Sully commented
            Editing a comment
            All good Terry ..... Bill walked in and 'measured with a stick' before hand ..... we slipped on the mud in the wheel track ...... may have been different outcome 'one up' ..... as it was - it was two down

Often getting my cameras wet... Not all of them though!

Comment

Working...
          X