No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a mobile phone!

Ain't it a beauty!

About time I embraced all this wonderful new technology, no place in the modern world for a luddite so I've finally decided to join the jet set upwardly mobile trendy hip and groovy folk and start internetin' all over the place. Cant wait to get a latte at the local cafe and call the person sitting next to me to tell them where I am.

It's got a wind up handle - that must be for long distance stuff

Haven't found the screen but there must be a secret pop up compartment I haven't found yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2836.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	340047
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Brace yourself

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

what's ya #; I can give ya a tingle now

Comment

Must be a pre 2012 model I would say. I hope you got it at a run out price.

Comment

I've been waiting for my friends to start calling me but nothin's happening yet. Are you suggesting I got conned

Ian: I'll send ya a telegram and let you know.
          Last edited by loose cannon; 31-07-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

It may need a couple of hours cranking to get the capacitors charged up. If you want I have a battery cabinet here I pulled out of a site yesterday they you could use to power it. The batteries are only about 2 years old so have plenty of life. It weighs 960 kg so you will need a trailer.
            Last edited by K1W1; 31-07-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Just chose your plan/provider wisely. Too late to get a scratch proof cover by the looks.
              Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by K1W1 View Post
                It may need a couple of hours cranking to get the capacitors charged up. If you want I have a battery cabinet here I pulled out of a site yesterday they you could use to power it. The batteries are only about 2 years old so have plenty of life. It weighs 960 kg so you will need a trailer.
                Sounds great, check"s in the mail!

Originally posted by caralan View Post
                Just chose your plan/provider wisely. Too late to get a scratch proof cover by the looks.
                Scratch proof cover! Dear me, I paid extra for the textured look Alan, it's called character and style. Apparently it's a one off too!

Comment

I must call that nice salesman guy back (soon as K1W1's batteries arrive). That bridge he sold me for the river hasn't turned up yet.

Comment

Mate, they didn't only see you coming, they sent you an email....looks like the latest model from the Hooterville Phone Company.
                    "Each of us has their own calling"

Comment

A Bridge? You bought a Bridge!!
                      Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Mickey: I didn't get the email, must get down the the post office and check my mailbox.

Two bridges Alan! Cheaper in bulk.

(that'll teach those Poms for beating us at the cricket! Ha, just wait till they get up in the morning and find they have to now swim across the Thames.)
                        Last edited by loose cannon; 31-07-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

When the bridges arrive I have a mate who manufactures prefabricated holes for foundations. Just let me know what size you need and I will send you a reply with the amount to need to deposit in his Cayman Islands bank account (he is based there to keep end user costs as low as possible).

Comment

Originally posted by loose cannon View Post

Two bridges Alan! Cheaper in bulk.

(that'll teach those Poms for beating us at the cricket! Ha, just wait till they get up in the morning and find they have to now swim across the Thames.)
                            Good thinking! Pity you didn't let me know - I've been thinking of getting one for awhile too. I think it would look nice over our dam - Monet style.
                            Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Nice purchase LC!

I look forward to seeing photos of you relaxing on one of your new bridges, phone in one hand and box brownie in the other
                              Cheers Richard !

Comment

Working...
                              X