Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping lite!

A few images of campsites over the years.

1 Is an overnight campsite on the Gunbarrel Hwy.
    On this trip we crossed the Gunbarrel Hwy to Alice then drove south to Finke and crossed the Simpson Desert to Birdsville, then visited Maree and Silvertown near Broken Hill, we were away from Perth for around 4 weeks. Looking for ideas on how to promote camel rides in Perth.
    It was a very interesting trip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	campsite Gunbarrel Hwy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	337572

Couple of images of a drive upto Alice Springs to see the annual camel racing in July. We had been asked to put a camel race on for the Royal Show in Perth so I took a week off, and drove up to Alice with my son Bruce. These shots are taken on the Great Central Road south west of Giles.

Name:	Overnight Great Central road.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	337570

Name:	Great central road 2.jpg
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	337571
    Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
    Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Very minimalist.

I like the false floor in the tray, good idea!

I plan to head out that way next dry season, sorta zigzag my way across the deserts to Alice, head east of Alice for a little way then maybe back home via the Simpson or head up the blacktop and home via the Gibb. Minimum four months on the road hopefully.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Originally posted by loose cannon View Post
      Very minimalist.

I like the false floor in the tray, good idea!

I plan to head out that way next dry season, sorta zigzag my way across the deserts to Alice, head east of Alice for a little way then maybe back home via the Simpson or head up the blacktop and home via the Gibb. Minimum four months on the road hopefully.
      If you look closely you can see the spare wheels at the back, in the centre I have a removable water tank which I think holds around 50 litres from memory and then up the front I have a 250 litre long range tank, combined with the vehicles tank of 130 litres I have around 2000km range, I drove from Perth to Alice without the need to fill up with fuel in the desert where they charge like wounded bulls. I calculated the cost of the long range tank paid for itself in the one trip. There is also a bit of spare space under there for a tool kit and high lift jack etc.

I have now removed the rear seat and I put a 60 litre Engel in there, also have a smaller Engel between the 2 front seats.
      Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
      Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

Sounds like a good setup.

I plan on having a range of about 1600km (210lt) but because I want to do a few long camps along the way will need at least 100lt water.

Three spares would be nice but will probably settle for two plus repair kit.

Doesn't take long for the weight to start adding up and the space to shrink!

Thanks for posting this. In June I was going to build some storage boxes for the tray and hadn't even thought of a false floor. Doh! I was going to just load up the tray and sleep up top but that's not always optimal.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Working...
        X