Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Significant days in our lives

Life is full of plenty of significant days, birth, first love, leaving school, starting work, marriage, divorce in fact all sorts of days.
    In my life today is the day this person

got these

(and Dad got a $484 bill for an increased insurance premium )

BTW: I couldn't get a better shot she was in a hurry to drive herself to dancing.
    Last edited by K1W1; 15-11-2011, 06:37 PM.

its funny how quickly we take all that stuff for granted!. Well done mate!.
    Its not paranoia if everyone is actually watching you
    MY Flickr
    Scotty's Place

Comment

K1W1, trust me, it does not get any cheaper as they get older haha Even after they have long gone.
      Lloyd
      Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
      Flickr
      Smugmug

Comment

I know what you mean there .. although not up to the P plate stage, it's the growing from a primary school aged child to wants mum as parent helper or to watch her receive an award at Kindy and so on .. to yr 7 and yr 9 brother and sister who don't want mum to watch the sports carnival or watch her rec'v and award at assembly or watch the play. Doesn't need mum anymore. At least I still do have my kindy girl who needs me still.

That's one bit milestone K1W1.
        Anna
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
        My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Poignant.

Also interesting how much of her 4 year old face has remained as she's grown up.
          Nikon D800 D300 D90 24-70 70-200 300F4 105 50 70-300VR 16-85VR SB900 SB600's MBD10, Tamy 90 http://sentimentalphotos.com.au/gallerys/index.html

Comment

I am there with you Richard but just L plates for us - two boys on L plates one that has done 1 hr driving in over 12 months - the other (Zac) who has done 12 hrs driving in less than a month! lol
            {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
            iPhone4 - Hipstamatic App
            Website & Blog
            Challenges Blog
            Flickr Stream

Comment

We started with a rush as well then Yr12 got in the way and finally got the 120 hours up after about 25 months.

Comment

yeahhh!! my last one is about to enter the driving scene.

Insurance: stumpy (19 years) just has a $750 excess to pay before the insurance company pays and the premium is same as mine. We found it better to leave the cars/ute registered in mum's and dad's names even if the kids "own" the car.

great family photos; thanks for sharing
                Last edited by Lost; 17-11-2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by k8* View Post
                  I am there with you Richard but just L plates for us - two boys on L plates one that has done 1 hr driving in over 12 months - the other (Zac) who has done 12 hrs driving in less than a month! lol
                  My husband is on his L plates at 38yo .. has to sit for his driving 'assessment' (again) so he can get a Learners license instead of permit. Now my 15yo son says he's not going to get his license and I gave him a lecture about how not to follow the path of his dad and that he wouldn't want to have his mum drive him around to pick up his date and take to the movies. So many scenarios did I give him including the time when hubby drove our car (on the RAAF Base married quarters in Darwin) with me in the passenger seat in labour, stopped at our friends house a few streets away so friend could take over the driving.
                  Anna
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
                  My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Working...
                  X