Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still to take my all time favourite photo; maybe that will happen next week.

Comment

That's a stunner Knawful, perfect in every way IMO
      Canon 30D Sigma 17-70 Canon 75-300. PSE11, DXO Optics Pro 7, Nik Viveza 2, Silver Efex Pro 2, Color Efex Pro 4, Dfine 2, Sharpener Pro 3

Comment

Originally posted by Glyn View Post
        That's a stunner Knawful, perfect in every way IMO
        ^^ agree 100%, it just doesn't get much better than that!

Mick, I certainly hope that shot was a heavy crop taken with your 400mm - I'd hate to get that close to that big sucker!
        Lloyd
        Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
        Flickr
        Smugmug

Comment

Man some fantastic stuff here! love col's kite one. Love them all mostly actually because they all have a story!. i think thats the best part.
          Its not paranoia if everyone is actually watching you
          MY Flickr
          Scotty's Place

Comment

Always good to see images that strike a note with a particular person and its very appropriate to read in conjunction with Em's recent thread on "Go for it. Dare to be different; be yourself. Eschew cliché "

I have this image on canvas on a wall above my desk to remind me every day about a place I visited and loved (cradle mountain)

gerry's photo journey
            No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.

Comment

My favourite photo is a portrait of the loveliest woman I've ever met (and my favourite photography subject).
              I've watched her grow from from a pretty teenager into a beautiful woman over the last six years and we are best mates despite a 35 year age difference.
              Its very special because she stepped out of her comfort zone to try and create something beautiful for both of us.
              Her mum loves it and has a friend who is an accomplished painter who is about to turn it into an oil on canvas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spring #1 1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	317109
              Andrew

(Grumpy old fart with some Nikon stuff)
              www.aslanimages.com.au https://www.facebook.com/AslanImagesPhotography

Comment

Well this thread has got to be a winner.
                I've loved each and every image and the accompanying stories,
                are we going to be limited to just one lol.

(now off to go rummaging through all my drawers)
                Jenne

My Gallery
                My Flickr Gallery

Comment

No Jen, more if you want. I love whats been put up so far! Now all we need to do is get people to put them in the Photograph of the Year Competition!
                  Lloyd
                  Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
                  Flickr
                  Smugmug

Comment

Asking photographers for there single favourite is a big ask. However if I had to pick one it's this.

Until I started teaching myself photography I couldn't have ever taken it and likewise until I started spending money on gear I couldn't have got it. Finally it's shots like this of the kids that have helped justify to the other half how much time and $ I've spent on my hobby.
                    Attached Files
                    Nikon D800 D300 D90 24-70 70-200 300F4 105 50 70-300VR 16-85VR SB900 SB600's MBD10, Tamy 90 http://sentimentalphotos.com.au/gallerys/index.html

Comment

These are amazing I love this post what a great idea this photo is special to me because it was the first photo worth printing and framing that I did since learning I had been taken the odd one to my local photographer lab guy and he has been a big help and would tell me what is wrong with the photos and why they were not worth printing big for a frame so from that I new he was not just Ping in my pocket one day I took in this photo he said ok lets have a look ? when he opened up the file he said wow this is great he asked me why I liked it. I told him it was spontaneous due to the fact I was walking around in my yard taking photos of flowers when this little fella came along. I quickly changed my settings to try to catch him the best I new how I could see he was about to take off so I clicked and this is what I got. He told me the reason why he liked it was because it was different he said most photographers will shoot BIF face on or from the side he told me its a little soft on the back part of the feathers but still worth a print and a frame. so this is significant for me as my very first photo worth printing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	317137
                      All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Working...
                      X