Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night

Got a chance to shoot a charity boxing night last night, so took my lights along to setup an area out the back to capture some portraits for my composite work, was a crazy busy night with 12 fights on the fightcard and shooting comps in between fights - finally found a great use for custom settings function on the camera.

CSF_Background_DarrylMison by DarrenS1971, on Flickr
    Cheers
    Darren
    website

Great image. Wonder whether portrait might have displayed a bit better. We've lost the top of his head!

Comment

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
      Great image. Wonder whether portrait might have displayed a bit better. We've lost the top of his head!
      Cheers - I have the top of his head, but the crop was quite intentional, there is more a sense of closeness, a faceoff with your opponent, the crop help defines the mood for me, but alas may not for others
      Cheers
      Darren
      website

Comment

Top of head not a problem to me.
        Feel like if I get too close I'm going to get a fist in the face...that's a worry! He's looking straight at me.
        Great sense of depth. Your gritty production works perfectly for this.
        Wouldn't be fight night..it'd be flight night for me!
        Last edited by Phoenix; 15-07-2013, 09:55 AM.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
        Haven't been there, not done that.
        Jo

Comment

Great processing - love your gritty work. I used to think it was strange cropping the top of heads off until I did it to a portrait of my son. It certainly makes the eyes more dominant and in this shot that stare is leaping off the page.

Comment

Always love your work. It's an area I have no idea about, so it's nice to see something skilfully different.
            Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by fotoflick View Post
              Cheers - I have the top of his head, but the crop was quite intentional, there is more a sense of closeness, a faceoff with your opponent, the crop help defines the mood for me, but alas may not for others
              That's ok, I never thought of doing it to put more focus to the eyes. We live and learn!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                Top of head not a problem to me.
                Feel like if I get too close I'm going to get a fist in the face...that's a worry! He's looking straight at me.
                Great sense of depth. Your gritty production works perfectly for this.
                Wouldn't be fight night..it'd be flight night for me!
                Thanks Jo - I'd be running too
                Originally posted by P Plates View Post
                Great processing - love your gritty work. I used to think it was strange cropping the top of heads off until I did it to a portrait of my son. It certainly makes the eyes more dominant and in this shot that stare is leaping off the page.
                cheers PPlates
                Originally posted by caralan View Post
                Always love your work. It's an area I have no idea about, so it's nice to see something skilfully different.
                appreciate the comment Alan thanks
                Originally posted by seaslug View Post
                That's ok, I never thought of doing it to put more focus to the eyes. We live and learn!
                that we do, my wife usually books work where I have to learn very quickly, however having a solid foundation helps make decisions easier.
                Cheers
                Darren
                website

Comment

Working...
                X