No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portraits workshop, Launceston last Saturday. PIC HEAVY, NFCC

Hi all,

We had another portraits workshop in Launceston on Saturday, kindly organised and run by aslan. Had a great time, not usually the genre I do, but definitely learnt a lot, found lots I need to practice on, and got some good shots.

Too many for CC, so some samples only. I tried a few different things with the PP, but really only the basics done - exposure/contrast, some tonal, no sharpening, and heavy crop on a couple. Mostly I'm happy with this set though.

Thanks go to models, MUAs, Andrew, our host John Morrison, and the other photographers who participated and helped each other.

DSC_5391

DSC_5427

DSC_5431

DSC_5494

DSC_5534

DSC_5713

DSC_5513

DSC_5774

DSC_5761

DSC_5797

DSC_5620

DSC_5627

DSC_5812

DSC_5831

DSC_5838

DSC_5870

DSC_5593

DSC_5608

DSC_5653

Good stuff mate, nice images.
    The participants:
    1,2 and 3 = Danni
    4,5 and 6 = Aleisha
    7 Ryan and Aleisha
    8,9 and 10 = Chevi Lee
    11,12 and 13 = Jessica
    15 and 16 = Ryan and Jess
    17,18 and 19 Chevi Lee

I'll flick you some email addresses when I get the chance
    Andrew

(Grumpy old fart with some Nikon stuff)
    www.aslanimages.com.au https://www.facebook.com/AslanImagesPhotography

Comment

Thanks Andrew I thought it was Danni, Chevi, Jess and Ryan, but wasn't 100% position, and missed Aleisha's name.

Saw yours yesterday too and they looked quite impressive! Some different processing on them that I liked. Awesome shot of Jess in the bush! Did they find the guy that caused all that blood, or was it her?

Comment

I believe the body has been wrapped in chains and dumped in the river mate. Apparently that hole behind Jon's place is well over 100ft deep.
        Andrew

Comment

Scott, I love #13 mate - hehe, very cool
          Richie
          www.richardgrainger.com.au | Facebook Page | Flickr

Comment

Oops, #8 is a bit revealing for that shot. Could easily CC these myself - re skin colour in some, colour temp, more reflected light etc. All experience!

Ah, now I'm glad I wasn't nearby when you were taking those shots Andrew! I can please some degree of innocence. There were a couple people who "left" early....

Thanks Richie. The MUA did a great job. At a guess, this MUA had previously done a couple similar things at these workshops.

Some more samples:

DSC_5506

DSC_5654

DSC_5672

DSC_5678

DSC_5686

DSC_5750

DSC_5754

Comment

Another great series mate. I suppose I should pull my finger out and add a couple as well......................

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final 164 1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	320321

Name:	Final 357 1024.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	320322

Name:	Final 509 1024.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	320323

Name:	Final 290 1024.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	320324
              Andrew

Comment

Oh, and you'll undoubtedly have noted that Jessica likes to play the evil bitch

She does it very well, even on book covers

Name:	endofever.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	320325
                Andrew

Comment

More great shots from you too Andrew

I like what you did with the number plate! Wish I was outside when you did the other shoot with Jess in the bush, excellent shots there! She plays and looks just the part for being an evil girl, baddy or horror too. I went on facebook to see your shots, then her, and saw the book cover - that doesn't look like her at all! I remember you were talking about her moving out of being 'nice' into other styles. She looks the goods in any style I'd say.

BTW: I take it KhAoTiC's is her too - she said she was coming to Hobart on the Sunday for another shoot.

Comment

Yes mate, KhAoTiC's shoot was also with Jess. She's a damn trooper. I hope he posts a couple of them here.

I'll be seeing her tomorrow night at the book launch. Both Troy and her will be there signing and she will be made up in evil bitch mode to boot.
                    Andrew

Comment

Gee some great work here folks!

Jessica (frame #11) looks totally evil. Like she could rip a vampire's head off and not even blink.

Must get myself down to Tassie one day but Ill be leaving before the full moon
                      -----------------------------------------------------
                      Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Thanks Mick, much appreciated mate.
                        Andrew

Comment

Thanks Mick. It was a great day! Us photographers down here ALWAYS wear a garlic wreath; usually it works, but as Andrew mentioned, there is a rather deep hole near where we were. Shhh.......

Ha - that'd be great seeing her in evil bitch mode at the book launch!

Comment

Working...
                          X