Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters

OK, I have been playing around and going nutso in LR3 again.

Here is another one I took of my wife and her older sister (Chris is in the blue jeans sitting on the left). It is heavily processed, but what do you guys think of it? Be brutal because I am trying to get better at this processing stuff! Taken with my Sigma 30mm at f4.5

Sisters by LJG_Images, on Flickr
    Lloyd
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr
    Smugmug

Hi Lloyd, it looks a little flat and pasty to me, which is not helped by the washed out background that draws me away from your wife and her sister. A bit of a tricky image to start with I suspect.
    Cheers
    Darren
    website

Comment

Thanks Darren. I was trying for the selected blown out low clarity silky effect but as you say, it has not come off as good as I wished

OK, I have increased the contrast, but it has not changed it much. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sisters4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	317245
      Last edited by LJG; 27-10-2011, 08:45 AM.
      Lloyd
      Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
      Flickr
      Smugmug

Comment

I quite like this Lloyd. The large/dark palm behind Chris is a distracting feature that competes with the two ladies for my attention but that aside the processing works for me and you have captured a nice relaxed pose.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Thanks Mick. The trees were a pain. I had that one at that angle and another the other way. I shot them from all sides and had a dark tree trunk behind them in every shot. I probably should have found a better seat for them but getting Chris to even look at the camera is like winning lotto, let alone getting her to go to a different spot!
          Lloyd
          Flickr
          Smugmug

Comment

Lol, I know how she feels. Anyone points a camera at me and they have exactly one nano second to get the shot before I'm outta there haha.
            -----------------------------------------------------
            Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

I think it looks very nice, it was only after I read Darren's comment that I went back and looked and thought that maybe Chris's sister looks a little bit washed out, but overall I like it.
              Tania

Comment

Originally posted by loose cannon View Post
                Lol, I know how she feels. Anyone points a camera at me and they have exactly one nano second to get the shot before I'm outta there haha.
                Don't worry Mick, I'm the same, my arm usually shoots straight up on its own volition to cover my dial haha

Originally posted by tanz View Post
                I think it looks very nice, it was only after I read Darren's comment that I went back and looked and thought that maybe Chris's sister looks a little bit washed out, but overall I like it.
                Thanks Tania, I have to be very careful what I say here about my sister in law being a bit flat and pasty My life could shorten dramatically I just get the urge every so often to try and improve my very meagre PP skills, but then I get a bit frustrated because I can never seem to get it how I want it so I just go back into my hole again

It makes me think of the "what would you spend $1,000 on" thread, maybe I could do a course in PS or LR.
                Lloyd
                Flickr
                Smugmug

Comment

ha ha ha

I know what you mean about pp, it is something I keep telling myself I should learn how to do better, but I just keep putting it off.
                  Tania

Comment

Lovely and relaxed shot Lloyd. If you are having problems with PP on this one, post the original and we may be able to help with some suggestions or edits. Just a hint - if you want women to look at you when you're taking their photo - USE the FLASH method - works every time, but the expression on their face may not be what you're after !
                    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
                    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
                    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Would like to know how you did this Lloyd. (Change the background but keep the subject normal) Was it a tint? How much time did you spend on this?
                      Sorry for the questions, but being a LR user too, I think I would enjoy playing around with this technique.
                      Renae

Canon 7D
                      18-55mm
                      55-250mm
                      50mm f1.8

www.facebook.com.au/renaebarrettphotography

Comment

Working...
                      X