No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Lucas

Taken a few weeks ago now.....

Sent the disc out to the family and got a text message back from the mother saying "We like most of the shots"...hmmpphh, hence why I haven't been on here for a while. It was a kick in the guts that I wasn't expecting, but I did my best and thats all I could do.

Enjoy..

Image 1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lucas 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	328968

Image 2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lucas 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	328969

I also have my latest photo shoot up on here too, for anyone who is interested.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Saintsgirl; 25-10-2011, 09:06 PM.
    Renae

Canon 7D
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm f1.8

www.facebook.com.au/renaebarrettphotography

I find it the hardest part of photographing other people don't you? The holding of breath, waiting for them to be delighted. Sometimes people (especially women) are so self critical of themselves that it takes away the delight. I bet they were happy with the shots of their actual baby - that 2nd image is a ripper!

Out of curiosity - how many shots on disc did you give them? Maybe it is time to start rethinking the number of images you present?
    {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
    iPhone4 - Hipstamatic App
    Website & Blog
    Challenges Blog
    Flickr Stream

Comment

K8 - I think you are right about females! lol - Never really happy.... When I quoted her for the shoot, I told her I would give them approx 10-20 images, and ended up giving her 44!

But I got the instant feeling when I walked in their house to do the shoot, that I would be under pressure as they had a lot of images of them selves that were done "professionally" up on their wall that were gorgeous. That made me nervous. She wasn't snobby or rude on the day, but I guess their standards were different. I think too that while we were there, there were many different angles shot and she was expecting a lot more, because in her text message she asked if I had any more, then she would pay me for them, but I explained that many were not suitable to work with due to bad lighting, bad angles, bad expressions, eyes closed etc and that what I had given her was everything that I could. I left no image out. Still haven't heard from her even though I offered to go and take a few more at no extra cost to her!

Ah, you win some, you lose some.
      Renae

Canon 7D
      18-55mm
      55-250mm
      50mm f1.8

Comment

I would not feel too badly about it Renee. It sounds like they have a very high opinion of themselves, judging by what you said about lots of photo's of them around the house. There is certainly nothing wrong with the ones you have posted up. Sometimes it does not matter how good you are because some people will never be satisfied and pick faults with perfect images.
        Lloyd
        Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
        Flickr
        Smugmug

Comment

I have just got a text message from her explaining that her computer is down hence why no email response... She was also happy for me to post some up on Facebook, so I am a bit chirpier now...
          Renae

Canon 7D
          18-55mm
          55-250mm
          50mm f1.8

Comment

Renae. Don't be too disheartened. Sometimes peoples expectations are just so far above and beyond anyones reasoning.

I like these shots. If you want a little CC it would be that they are a little too yellow in the ones with the baby. Also the skin is just a little too over softened. I would love to see your SOOC shots for these three.

Cazz
            Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. YOU loving your work that's all that matters

http://www.facebook.com/CazzKaeser

Comment

Working...
            X