No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars and Tombstones

At Toraagy Point Cemetery last night

First recorded burial in this cemetery took place on 23 August 1858 when the infant daughter of Elias Wyatt, punt operator and his wife Sarah, was buried by Christie Brown, local boatbuilder, carpenter and occasional undertaker, and Reverend Richard Cardwell, Wesleyan Minister. This grave is marked by a headstone, now fallen down or vandalised. The first pilot stationed at Moruya Heads was also buried in this cemetery in 1871. Captain John Ross died aged 65 on 20 March 1871 from an epileptic fit.
    There are 20 recorded burials at Moruya Heads Cemetery

http://www.australiancemeteries.com/...oragypoint.htm

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Good use of the old graves as foreground interest for the night sky. I like the composition of #2 with the trees framing and the milky way pointing to the headstone. I'd clone out the car and sign in the background (well I'd try but I'm sure you could do an excellent job). I do prefer the tones of #3 overall.

Comment

Thanks Gabby - I didn't even notice the car and sign (I shouldn't have edited it late at night)

Cheers
      Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Did you need to keep looking over your shoulder at the faintest rustle sound? .
        Lovely idea for the milky way Alan, probably a bit too creepy for me to actually do but I applaud you. I really love the top one the best, creepy-like and love how the MW appears to be rising from the sea. What ISO were you using?
        Jenne

My Gallery
        My Flickr Gallery

Comment

Thanks Jenne - the grave yard doesn't seem to have any bad spirits - it's a pretty amazing spot to rest in eternity.

It's a shame it's not taking new residents, my name would be top of the list

3200 ISO
          Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
          X