Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milky Way

New moon on Tuesday night so we tried to work out where the Milky Way would be at certain times - difficult when we didn't know the exact co-ordinates of the back of the dam. Thought it would be over the lake area around 11-12p.m. so after enjoying dinner with guests headed out just after 10 p.m. Unfortunately it was to the left of the shot with no foreground interest at all. So, I cheated and masked the Milky Way into a shot of the dam where I was hoping it would be. Well I thought it would be more vertical - not exactly like this. Luckily my husband got some awesome star trails so he was happy.
    Attached Files

Hell of a lot of stars up there isn't there. Really puts things into perspective!

Comment

• P Plates
      P Plates commented
      Editing a comment
      They certainly show up more with no moon to compete with.

Nice PP, PP. I couldn't see any reflections of the stars in the water.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• P Plates
      P Plates commented
      Editing a comment
      Never thought of that Isac. Previously the only reflections seem to be from plane trails. There were still quite a few stars in this scene and very few reflections.

Great result anyway
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

• P Plates
      P Plates commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Barb, making lemonade out of lemons as Mick would say.

Very nice result Gabby, with all my good intentions I never made it out there...next time perhaps. "Back in Vic now"
    I've added a bit more reflection to your shot...Hope you don't mind?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_23206.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	463.6 KB
ID:	378617

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

• P Plates
      P Plates commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't mind at all. Never thought of putting in some reflections. There are a few little white dots in the original and previously I've captured plane trails which always reflect. Back in Vic just in time for the cold change,

Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
    X