Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Fireworks

Only get the chance to shoot fireworks once a year here and at least they happen a few nights over the Harbour Festival. Will be going back tonight to try again. Honest thoughts and CC appreciated.

021 Easter Fireworks

024 Easter Fireworks

023 Easter Fireworks

Look great to me P Plates! Can't decide which I like best though!

Looks like a great location to have the fireworks too.
    -Tim.

Comment

was it really windy when these were taken??
      these just make me want to travel to any fireworks going on, long time between drinks for fireworks here hahah
      my pick, is #3
      Nathanial
      My Flickr
      Canon 5D3 __ 17-40mm L

Comment

I think that the water reflection makes these very nice, not an easy job to photograph so well done...
        Michael

Comment

Re: Easter Fireworks

They look great Gabby. I would be happy with those.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
          Anna
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
          My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Agree - love the colours and some blue light in the sky and cloud movement.

My only nit would be that all the fireworks are on the RHS and blowing out of frame rather than into it. I wasn't there, but maybe some different focal lenghts, change of comp and some vertical shots may have been worth a try too? I know it's difficult when you never know what the next burst will look like though.

Well done
            Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by beeb View Post
              Look great to me P Plates! Can't decide which I like best though!

Looks like a great location to have the fireworks too.
              Thanks Tim

Originally posted by flap View Post
              was it really windy when these were taken??
              these just make me want to travel to any fireworks going on, long time between drinks for fireworks here hahah
              my pick, is #3
              Thanks Nathanial - a bit of wind but not too much

Originally posted by millicat View Post
              They look great Gabby. I would be happy with those.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
              Thanks Anna

Originally posted by Chosek View Post
              I think that the water reflection makes these very nice, not an easy job to photograph so well done...
              Thanks Michael - actually I don't find this as hard to shoot as birds or anything sporty

Originally posted by caralan View Post
              Agree - love the colours and some blue light in the sky and cloud movement.

My only nit would be that all the fireworks are on the RHS and blowing out of frame rather than into it. I wasn't there, but maybe some different focal lenghts, change of comp and some vertical shots may have been worth a try too? I know it's difficult when you never know what the next burst will look like though.

Well done
              Thanks Alan - did try some different composition and zoom lengths last night (still on camera) but missed a lot or chopped them off the frame. I find the height they're going very unpredictable and alas that's it for another year now so don't get many opportunities to practice.

Comment

Working...
              X