Clear All

• Lights and Rigging.

Midwinter at Tivoli Gardens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights and rigging..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	337103

Well this is something I haven't seen before. the lights are lovely and I like the sillouette of the rigger very much. The midnight blue sky is a wonderful backdrop too.
    I'd like to see what it would look like with a little longer exposure. I think it may have lifted it a notch.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Comment

thanks Jo. It's interesting you picked it as a midnight sky (or was that just the colour you were referring to). It was actually late afternoon around 5.30pm. Mid winter in Denmark gets dark around 3pm in the afternoon and that day was overcast and snowing intermittantly as well.

The shot was taken hand held (up against a post) so slower shutter speeds were not really an option.

Here's another at the same venue. (It was Christmas 2003).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas at Tivoli.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	320928

Comment

Middnight blue was meant to be the colour rather than the time (-:
        The lights are beautiful in this too seaslug.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
        Haven't been there, not done that.
        Jo

Comment

exquisite! the colour is stunning, I have to agree with Phoenix with the exposure, I'm intrigued and really want to see more of that beautiful boat! ...perhaps the reflection too ...and maybe removing that tower. It really looks magical!
          O
          d7000, d90 + stuff

Comment

Thanks xaiya. Tivoli Gardens is a wonderful venue for photographers. It takes up a city block in central Copenhagen and is open in Summer and at Christmas time for their special light displays.

The ship is actually a restaurant, and the tower a part of an amusement complex. If I'm there again at Christmas time, I'll be sure to take equipment more suited to low light photography.

Comment

Working...
            X