Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macro attempt

This is my attempt at macro. It is something I have wanted to be able to do for years but also something I seem to be rubbish at lol If anyone has any tips for me I will take all of them on board.
    These are taken on auto setting and on a tripod. Apologies for the subjects but I'm just trying to photograph anything that happens to be close at the moment. Please be as ruthless as you need to be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0011.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	507710 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0027.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	507711 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0021.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	507712 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0049.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	507713 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0019.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	507714 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	507715

You're doing OK with your macro shots Sharon. I'd need to know your camera and lens models before offering any tips.
    As an aside, if you number your images and put in what they are (even if it's obvious) then that makes it easier to reference on our feedback/comments.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Thank you :-)
      My camera is a Nikon D3500 and the lens is a Sigma 105mm 1:2.8 DG macro Hsm :-)

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Sharon. All seems to be good and sharp. Are you shooting in Manual Mode?

• SharonH
        SharonH commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. No I'm on auto at the moment while I'm starting, I'll be changing over to manual soon though.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        You should try Manual as quick as you can. It has so much more to offer. For starters, Tripod, 2 second timer, Manual Mode with Aperture f:11 - f:16, Shutter Speed 1/250th and Auto ISO. If the ISO is too high, just reduce the Shutter Speed to 1/100th etc. Try also taking the ISO off Auto and play with that setting, starting at 100 and increasing it as you go to get a good exposure.

Thank you:-) I will write that down so I can remember it

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah have a go at something simple for starters. I forgot to mention that if you use a tripod, turn OFF image stabilisation - it's not required and can actually add blur if left on.
    Working...
    X