Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is it

I noticed after I took the first image that the ISO was set to 6400 and thought I better take another picture which I did.

First image @ 500mm iso6400 1/800
    Click image for larger version

Name:	24051817.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	508198

Next picture @472mm iso200 1/200 Click image for larger version

Name:	24051819.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	508199

Not seeing a huge difference in the two images I made a composit for a closer look
    I don't know but I think the first with the higher shutter speed probably edged it out. The warm coulor was due to it being in the late afternoon

Name:	24051819co.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	508197
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Lovely shot. Really like the warm tones.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes about 5.30 pm They would normally be making their way to where they hide at night. Gets dark early now that it's close to winter.

Very hard to see the difference Hans, only 1024 images. The 2nd has slightly better contrast so it looks a bit sharper. I must say though, after a colour correction (using Blur Average) the images completely change in appearance.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Youve got me. "Blur Average"??

Looked it up. You wonder who dreams these things up? Does look more natural.

Name:	24051817bli.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	508217
    Hans

Comment

I have an action for Blur Average. It's brilliant for images which have a strong colour cast.
      1. Copy Layer.
      2. Filter > Blur > Average.
      3. Invert Layer (Ctrl + I).
      4. Opacity 50% (this is just for starters, adjust to get the look you want).
      5. Set Layer Mode to COLOR.
      I often add a Hue/Sat layer and play with all 3 sliders to get improvements to colours and contrast.
      I also use LINEAR LIGHT layer mode, which I think suits this one:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	goats.jpg Views:	0 Size:	324.3 KB ID:	508220
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• wigz
        wigz commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know what happened here Isac but the colour looks to have a bluish cast. I'm assuming this is the finished image.

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        Gone too far. It was lit by an orange sun.The method of removing a cast seems to have merit and I will probably use that again.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        It was just to show how to remove a strong colour cast using the Blur Average method. It can always be adjusted using the opacity and adding a Hue/Sat layer. I didn't adjust this one.

I prefer the second image with its better saturation, and I like the colour of the afternoon light. I can't tell sharpness at this size.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        The sharpness at 100% was very similar. I thought the higher shutter speed from the first edged it out.

For Alan: I dropped the Opacity of the Blur Average layer to 32% and this is the difference. So it's pretty easy to adjust the look.

Name:	goats-2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	508240
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Looks like a good weapon to have in our arsenal of fixes. I would asume it to work for any cast since it takes an average. In this case I wouldn't want to remove all of the late sun.
        Hans

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          It's great for any colour casts and fully adjustable with the opacity slider. In my action I just set the opacity to 50% as a starting point.
      Working...
      X