No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water lillies in the pond

G'day all

On one of my town walks and came across this pond with heavy sun beating down onto the lillies and flowers. With heavy dark shadowed backgrounds I realised that the metering would grab this dark stuff and bleach the flowers, so set the EV+/- to minus 0,7 ... and in PP I lightened the shadows by 25% to show just a bit of visual data

1)-

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/400s x F5,6; ISO-100; lens at 24x zoom / 600mm FFequiv

2)-

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/200s x F5,6; ISO-100; lens at 16x zoom / 350mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Interesting that the saturation and high contrast looks like you got that image ready for a poster. The lillies allow for some amazing tonal ranges. Something about lillies. Seen to Monet's garden and pond.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Mastered the edits Phil. You're getting quite good at this stuff. I really like the results you achieved. They make a fabulous subject and you did well with those colours and contrasts.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
        ....... Mastered the edits Phil. .........
        Yeah--I've got this fella over Perth way who keeps hammerin' on about "lift the bluddy shadows" - well maybe he dunna use that naughty word, but ya get the idea
        Anyways he's got some interestin' ideas about liftin' them shadows so I's tried it an it werkz sometimes

Phil

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          You're a funny bloke mate. Most photographers like us to see their images "as it was and how I saw it". As has been discovered, our eyes can see a much greater dynamic range and see a great more detail in those shadows than a camera lens could ever hope to capture. Thanks to brilliant software, it's now possible to recreate what we actually see. All good and glad to see you playing with your images.

Excellent work Phil.
        Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Lovely colour and contrast Phil. I much prefer #1 with the flowers grouped together.
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X