Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 generations of skippy

there are 2 eastern grey kangaroos on this place that are a lot lighter then the rest you see, bordering on white but not white.
    often seen within 200m of the house here. also quite laid back for wild kangaroos and can often be quite approachable. not close or anything but perhaps 5-10metres or so. probably the only ones that not clear off at that range. we call the mother one skippy just cos she is normally calm.
    saw her and last years baby down the paddock the other day and noticed that skippy has a new baby with its head emerged now.
    I took 3 images first with skippy looking at me prior to going thru the bushes,
    then mostly thru but a clear view of her new baby,
    and finally last years baby sussing me out.
    .d5 600f4 1/60 f5.6 iso 1600. all full frame but 1st pic cut bottom off to make 5x4. last pic 1/160sec
    Click image for larger version

Name:	kangaroo 8208.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	494230 Click image for larger version

Name:	kangaroo 8209.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	494231 Click image for larger version

Name:	kangaroo 8207.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	494232
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Excellent set Stephen. In #1 the delicate tones and detailed texture in the fur are a wonderful contrast with the creamy background making this my favourite of this set. Good view of the joey in the pouch in #2. I like the pose and detail in #3 and you have the whole animal but #1 is still my pick of these.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• avkomp
      avkomp commented
      Editing a comment
      is funny, cos to get the 3 generations of skippy, I only needed shots 2 and 3 cos they had it covered, but there was something about picture 1 that I really liked also. is nothing behind her for 300m so background is creamy as you say and as she looked at me, the eyes really caught the light. my favourite of these also

Real cutties..|:-))

Comment

Excellent shots. That first one is quite adorable, looks happy,
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Great images of our Aussie roos Stephen. As mentioned, excellent sharpness and good bokeh. They always seem to have a smile on their face.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Lovely sharp and detailed shots with that characteristic smooth background you always seem to achieve. They look almost cuddly but I'm sure they're not.

Comment

• avkomp
            avkomp commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks mate. I cant take too much credit for the backgrounds. the fast lens is the main culprit there, but having nothing behind the subject for as far as possible will help. it means if you can, think about the background behind the subject and move to optimum spot if you can, shoot at eye level on the subjects, so you not got ground behind them etc. not always possible of course. you could experiment with what your camera will do in certain situations.
            as for these things being cuddly, they sure aint. lots of people injured by them each year thinking just that.
            a few weeks ago now I had a run in with a younger female which had just been rescued from being caught in wire.
            was my own fault bacause after she was freed, I was still on my knees and didnt back off when the blanket was pulled off her.
            stood up and was eye to eye with me and figured I was to blame so came at me with front claws so I had to push her off and she came again
            finished up punching it in the head and she must have realised that she was free and ran off.
            certainly not animals to be trifled with, especially the big ones.
            there are some on here as tall as me and with muscles that would put arnie to shame
        Working...
        X