Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Hairy-nose Wombat

Went to visit some family on the wifes side who have been off the chart for more years than my wife can remember.
    They are running a sanctuary so animals and birds can live out the rest of their lives in peace and know where their next meal is coming from.
    Sadly the day wasn't the best for this but you have to take what comes along.

This Wombat is so tame that their (Owners) daughter gets into the enclosure and pets it like a dog and it even will get on its back to have a belly rub.
    But poor Jess ended up so dirty from petting the Wombat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	In SA 13-07-2022 (1772).jpg
Views:	60
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	487966
    1 close by its sleeping quarters

Name:	In SA 13-07-2022 (1810).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	487967
    2 Coming down the slight slope

Name:	In SA 13-07-2022 (1869).jpg
Views:	69
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	487968
    3 A favourite log.

Some you see every day mate! Its eyes look very sad. Lovely images.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Never noticed that until you pointed it out. But it love young Jess as it follows her about the enclosure like a dog. And just loves being petted by her. Next time I will see if I can go in there as well. Thanks for looking.

Nice images Ralph and he does look sad. These don't look quite as sharp to me as your usual shots - perhaps the poor conditions.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Alan it was overcast with light drizzle cold as anything. So there could have been ice on my eye.
      Yep excuses, oh and they were a good distance away from where we were so maybe the light rain is fogging the image out a little as to the distance when taken. But really it was a day to be watching the idiot box and not be outside with a camera.
      Hope this sort of explains it a little. Also thanks for being honest.
Working...
X