Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echidna

Now I will tell you the truth it isn't the best shot and I will also tell you this is down to me rushing. Which I am known to do, but I do have a story behind this to.
    Since I have had a camera I have wanted to get a shot of an Echidna in the wild. I never thought it would happen and then today after a very long walk as the road to where I wanted to be was just one mud puddle. I tried a shot distance but had to turn around or I would not have got out.
    I parked close to the road and walked the 2 kilometers in to where I wanted to be and the Peregrine's were not there, So I had to walk back out.
    The way up infront of me and a little too far for my lens I seen my dream upfront of me..
    Taking shots as I went along and walking where I walked or I would of slipped.
    The the little bugger decided to go down the other side of the Levey Back (Sorry about spelling) and I made my way there as quick as I could.
    SO I was out of breath and really sore and this makes me rush my shot and when I do this I move the camera as I take the shot.
    So I know what I am doing wrong but this does happen time to time. So lets hope next time I see one I would be is such a rush.
    But I am still more than happy with the shots I got and I have only got one ready to post and this is it
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Kelso & Apex 1-06-2022 (1612).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	486804

Just missed. Have to find him again.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

G'day Ralph

The story of your life is a mirror of too many occasions in mine .... except i'm a wimp and don't tell others. So 10/10 to you for your story
      Phil

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        Phil I am sorry to hear what you have said as it does make easy things so much harder than many could ever imaging. So all the best mate and I hope it gets better for ya.

Shame about the image quality Ralph, but in saying that I've probably got more out-of-focus shots than anybody
      If you have Faststone, just give it a sharpen (40%) and it makes all the difference.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        I will go and have a look for it but I am hoping that for Father day I will be able to get the De-Noise Program and buy it outright as I don't like paying out on those things. But I will look into what you have said and thank you for the heads up on it.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries Ralph. Faststone Image Viewer is great and I use it every day for viewing, culling and editing. It's a FREE program and very powerful.
        Here's the download link:
        https://www.faststone.org/FSIVDownload.htm
        Here's just one of many tutorials:
        https://youtu.be/qTXdM-NMySY

At least you got a shot Ralph. The only time I've seen an echidna with a camera in hand, it was rapidly disappearing into the under growth and I got just a few spines visible.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        This has been lets say a 4 year program and I was hit by shock and then I dropped the ball so someone missed out on a Hat Trick.
        This is putting pressure on myself for no reason but I still do it and I and happy with what I got. Actually more than happy but at the same time
        disappointed with myself for letting it get to me. But I think this is a human thing, but letting pressure get to us when there really is none there.
    Working...
    X