Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leucaena leucocephala Tree

These are in our neighbourhood and look stunning when in bloom. Called "Leucaena_leucocephala"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8424-Leucaena_leucocephala.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	485579
    A bit closer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8426-Leucaena_leucocephala.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	485580
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Look forward to seeing this in it's full glory.
    I llike the texture and composition in #2
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that Hans. I'm afraid its full glory is what you see, it doesn't get much better than this (that I can remember).
      It's regarded as an environmental weed in Queensland, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, New South Wales, and on Christmas Island. It was recently listed as a priority environmental weed in three Natural Resource Management regions.It is also very invasive in other parts of the world, being listed in the Global Invasive Species Database (GISD) and regarded to be in the top 100 of the world’s worst invasive alien species. I have no idea why it's allowed here and I'm wondering who planted it. It sits on a verge so the City should remove it.

I don't ever think I have seen one of these before and and as for that name I would never be able to say it 3 times quickly let alone once.
    There is a tree which I think is called the Chinese Gooseberry tree that has similar looking fruit for the want of a better word.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers Ralph. The Chinese Gooseberry is an edible fruit (better known as Kiwi Fruit) and isn't much like the Leucaena, which doesn't fruit and is classed as a weed.
Working...
X