No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny brightly coloured flower

G'day all

Walking around the farm yesterday I came across this little beauty. Small enough that it would fit inside a matchbox, on the end of a long tentacle-like arm from the main plant

1)-

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/80s x F8,0; ISO-400; +3 dioptre close up lens then 7x zoom / 175mm FFequiv
    pp- RGB balance via Levels

2)-

exif & pp ditto

As always, feedback welcome

Phil

Very colourful, Phil, and nice and sharp with good backgrounds. Crucifix Orchid (Epidendrum ibaguense).
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      Alan - you are so good at this ... I really don't know how you do it > seriously
      All I can do for a search is the original description I gave above - which naturally gets me nowhere - and yet you can even come up with the bot. name. Hmmmmmmm !

Phil

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing to it Phil. They are very common. My grandmother had them when I was a child, I have some now in my garden. A quick search gave me the scientific name.

Beautiful captures Phil. Those colours are amazing and so vivid. Nice work mate and well presented. #1 for me - a bit sharper and a bit more breathing room. Due to my very sheltered existence, I haven't seen these before (that I know of). Not an Oz original but still beautiful. TFS.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Working...
    X