Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamp Wallaby

I spotted this guy while taking a stroll through a local nature reserve. While not tame they are used to people walking along the tracks and don't take off the minute you get within 100 meters of them. This guy hung around for over half an hour while I took photo's of him.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Swamp Wallaby.jpg Views:	6 Size:	544.2 KB ID:	471926
    Last edited by Grumpy John; 30-05-2020, 10:31 AM.
    My Gear

Nice shot. They are really variable in their behaviour. Around here some will get very flighty and will leap in front of your car to cross the road others will sit happy for half an hour within a metre of passing cars chewing on grass. Same with walking some will let you get quite close others will bolt at the sound of you walking nearby and all you ever get is the sound of them crashing through the bush.

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      G'day fellas
      GJ - beaut pic
      K1W1- yeah mate .. I have the same experiences ~ no rhyme nor reason for it

Phil

Lovely work John, nice POV and framing. This would be a good one to try the DOF trick using the lens blur method! It'll make the wallaby really pop.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac, I will have a play later.

Looks very relaxed. More than most people.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, he wasn't bothered by me being there, probably used to all the visitors to the reserve.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      No wonder she is smiling.
Working...
X