Views:	34
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	470917

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pink_0012.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	470918

#4 A work in progress. There was an ugly brick wall and window in the background so I masked them out and put in a gradient B/G. Not really happy with the final image, the leaf on the left has been truncated and maybe the B/G is not the best choice. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Name:	Pink_0003.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	470919
    My Gear

All nice and sharp John. (BTW, #3 is a Yellow Wild Iris). The work in progress is OK. You just need to lighten up the leaves with a Curves Adjustment on a luminosity mask which targets the darker tones only - and I think that the black BG with a white Radial Gradient makes it pop. And fix the left leaf.

Once you start with luminosity masks you won't look back! I'd love to help you with them when you're ready.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SH_241.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.8 KB ID:	470932

This is how to get rid of the fringes on the FLOWER layer mask, which was done using the SELECT -> COLOR RANGE method to select the blue and then inverting it (Ctrl+I) when you select the mask in the layers panel. This is the selection:

Name:	SH_243.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	470935
    To remove the fringing from the FLOWER MASK, double click on the mask to open the Properties and adjust it as below.
    Use the sliders to adjust as necessary.

Name:	SH_246.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	470936
    Before - with the visible fringing:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_36499.jpg Views:	4 Size:	31.3 KB ID:	470933
    After - no fringing:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	SH_245.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	470934
    Last edited by Isac; 19-04-2020, 05:43 PM.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Working...
    X