Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Flora

A few selections of the flora I have to put up with on a daily basis.

#1 - Day Lily in the front yard. Canon EOS 7D Mark II | 1/1250 sec | f/5.6 | ISO 4000 | 150 mm | Manual | Evaluative Metering | Lens: TAMRON 18-400mm.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2841_Day_Lily.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.2 KB ID:	467629
    #2 - Dandelion. Canon EOS 7D Mark II | 1/640 sec | f/6.3 | ISO 100 | 400 mm | Aperture priority | Evaluative Metering | Lens: TAMRON 18-400mm.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2819_Dandelion.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	467630
    #3 - Pink and White Bottlebrush. Canon EOS 7D Mark II | 1/800 sec | f/8 | ISO 100 | 355 mm | Aperture priority | Evaluative Metering | Lens: TAMRON 18-400mm
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2736_Bottlebrush_2xColour.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	467631
    #4 - Flowering Gum with a few bees.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2860_Flowering_Gum.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.0 KB ID:	467632
    #5 - Palm at the round-a-bout. Canon EOS 7D Mark II | 1/2000 sec | f/4.5 | ISO 160 | 10 mm | Manual | Evaluative Metering | Lens: EF-S10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_35511.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	467633
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

A nice collection,like how you`ve caught the Bees buzzing around the Gum flowers,the colour in #1 is amazing,looks like the centre is glowing.
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

G'day Isac

Pleased to see that you're enjoying your "superzoom" lens ......... and catching up to the isual enjoyment I have had for many years

seriously tho ~ great images, I like Kevin's comment ...
      #1 is a cracker, but why ISO-4000 (or are you just showing off)
      #2 and #3 appeal to me as typical of many of mine - an isolated subject via good use of zoom, against a beaut bokeh for the background

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by kevinj View Post
        A nice collection,like how you`ve caught the Bees buzzing around the Gum flowers,the colour in #1 is amazing,looks like the centre is glowing.
        Thanks Kevin. The gums were full of bees that day and it was very noisy. The Day Lily is a beautiful colour and the stamens are really bright, so I was happy it turned out well.
        Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
        G'day Isac
        Pleased to see that you're enjoying your "superzoom" lens ......... and catching up to the isual enjoyment I have had for many years. seriously tho ~ great images, I like Kevin's comment ...
        #1 is a cracker, but why ISO-4000 (or are you just showing off)
        #2 and #3 appeal to me as typical of many of mine - an isolated subject via good use of zoom, against a beaut bokeh for the background Phil
        Good reply Phil! The 18-400 is really great as a "walk-around-lens". I do have the Canon SX-50 which has a zoom to 1200mm so I know where you're coming from with your camera. They do a fantastic job.
        The 4000 ISO (auto) was caused by setting the fast shutter in na shaded spot. I set the shutter to 1/1250th because the lily was moving about in the breeze. I was surprized it went that high, but cameras nowadays handle that easily. Thanks for you observations.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Working...
        X