Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Flora

Lovely huge trees are abundant at my local lake and park. I just love the calming atmosphere while being among them.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2327-Tall_Trees.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	467190

Name:	2348-Tall_Trees.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	323.7 KB
ID:	467192
    There's a mass of twisted and intermingling trees that are always shedding bark on the edge of the streams that feed the lake. lots of colours and interesting textures. This is where I have seen the Rufous Nankeen Night Heron hiding on rare occasions.

Name:	2347-PaperBarks.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	388.0 KB
ID:	467191
    Two lovely Little Gem Magnolias stand proud in front of my home. They weren't supposed to grow that big well over 4 metres.

Name:	2290-Magnolias.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	467189
    The bees are always busy in the "Leucaena leucocephala" trees that grow on the verges near the lake. About the TREE

Name:	2300-Pom_Pom_Leucaena_leucocephala.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	467188
    A beautiful Jacaranda in the front yard of a friend's home that I go past on my daily walks.

Name:	2352-Jacaranda_Tree.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	467193
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

I was admiring some huge Jacarandas in Sydney They are everywhere. Make amazing companions for Illawarra flame trees (red) and Grevillia Robustas (yellow). Lovely textures in the image before that one. The one with the working bee. The malaluca looks like the plant world equivalent of a woolly mammoth

Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hans. It would be quite a sight to see all those different colours in a street scene.The huge gums are called Eucalyptus Laeliae, commonly known as the Darling Range ghost gum or Butter Gum. They are only found in this little corner of the world so we have something that we can call ours.
      The Melaleuca trees are fabulous and they grow all along the banks of the streams. They can look quite eerie at times.

You're a marvel Isac not only do you take great pictures of trees. You can also spell their names.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Wan yu axed yure muther dit she no all the wurds?

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      yair! Well most ov em. sum ov thu longer wuns with for ledders wer a bit trikky.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      A gud Muther, hope she kan cee wat a gud job she has dun!
Working...
X