Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Lillies ?

These are all with a slightly different touch to them.
    I don't mind any of them except for the ones with the wooden background, as I feel they look like a waste of time shots.
    The others were toyed with in different ways.
    Editing you can got one way too far or not far enough.
    So I will say I am happy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	463738 #2

Name:	
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	463739 #3

Name:	
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	463740 #4

Name:	
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	463741 #5

Name:	
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	463742 #6

Name:	
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	463743 #7

Name:	
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	463744
    Last edited by Isac; 02-04-2019, 12:11 PM.

Day lily flowers are really beautiful Arthur and these are no exception. #4 is by far the best because the others have a strong shadow which is a bit distracting because it takes the focus off the subject. To avoid the shadows, move the subject away from the wall. Just my thoughts
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Agree #4 the best. All look like they need an exposure lift to me. Seem quite dark.
      Agree the timber backing not ideal and the flash reflection is distracting.
      Sony A7rii
      https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Thank to you Isac and Toddyh I do see you point on that and understand why you both have picked 4.
        I would like to point out to you both if you look closer at 4 the things that stick out of the flower on the right one have almost been taken away.
        This happened when I made the background the full colour. They just went into the background.
        It never bothered me as I am in the same thoughts with it being the best to.
        And here I will also add that these were taken inside and I am sure if I was outside I could have lost the shadows.
        But I don't mind them like this as this is down to taste. I know I will fall out of the circle with some of what I like.
        And to what others like, but as I was told here I think it was said if it makes you happy then the job is done.

Comment

I had a thought Arthur. You can easily remove the shadows by using a layer mask. It can give great results. If you want help with it, let me know. This is what you can achieve quickly by masking. I used your first image as a sample.

Name:	Arthur-mask.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	463785
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
          Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Very nicely captured.
            A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Another thought maybe to not be so close to the wall in the back and make sure you have a dark picture without the flash.I don't think the shadows add to the image.
              Better a full bottle in front of me
              than a full frontal lobotomy.
              Hans

Comment

Thanks for all comment and I don't mind the layer thing but I will have a go at that a little later on.
                Sorry for the long delay in getting back to the comments, we are in the moving house (selling).
                So a lot of time is taken up with all that goes with this circus act.

I can't wait until I can put in some real time to this all again.
                So at the moment I'm only getting shots on school pickup's of the grandies.

I understand all things said and s much as this isn't liked as in the shadows I truely don't mind them in the shot.
                But I am willing to look at other avenues at the same time. Just not now.

Comment

Working...
                X