Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animals of Adelaide Zoo

I took a few DELETE pills and started with a flurry wiping old photos from my drives. I came across these shots from the Adelaide Zoo and decided to keep them. Would you agree or tell me to get back on the pills?
    #1 - Who could resist a Meerkat or two?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Meerkat-1 - Small.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	419830

#2 - Meerkat number 2

Name:	Meerkat on Log - Small.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	419829

#3 - Silly old Goat!

Name:	Goat-1 - Small.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	419831

#4 - Rosenberg's Monitor

Name:	Rosenberg's Monitor - Small.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	419832

#5 - Remus the male Gibbon - Gorgeous!!!

Name:	Remus - Male Gibbon - Small.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	419828

#6 - Fu Ni the Panda (partner of Wang Wang). No baby news at present. I think they should feed him beer (guys will understand).

Name:	Panda-Funi - Small.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	419833
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Nice series, gotta love those Meerkats.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Depends what you want to do with them and how much time you want to spend on processing?

Meerkats are cute, but the B/G lets them down here I think - (yes, I know it's a zoo, but that's the Challenge )

Big horn goat is great, but a very tight crop

Monitor is also great - leaf is a bit of a distraction but easily fixed

Gibbon has nice eye contact, but looks soft and the B/G top left (no isolation) and noise lets it down again IMHO

Panda - ok, but no eye contact and a very tight crop again. Exposure and dof look good.

Where do you get those 'Delete' pills? I think I need a bottle or two, my HD is bulging at the seams.

Be ruthless - but not instantly. I'm surprised at what I can coax out of even iPhone photos the more I learn about PP

Have fun

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Alan for the CC. I've done all the edits and they look a lot better. Eye contact with the Panda was not going to happen - it was eating and nothing any of there were doing or yelling would distract it. The Gibbon was 3200 ISO so I used Colormancer on it and it did the trick. I used Content Aware Scale on the goat, That was OOC so CAS worked well with that. Meerkats was just a background eraser and clone to get the BG more consistent. Just what we need from you experts, a good CC to help us all improve our camera and editing skills. I call it Industrial Blindness because the most awful looking things in our own photos seems to be not seen. Thanks Alan.

• Alan
        Alan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for giving my suggestions a go ISAC. I wouldn't call myself an expert, far from it - I also suffer from Industrial Blindness in my Images - I'm forever telling myself to come back to my edits the next day and look at them in the cold light of day and in every case there is some glaring thing I'd missed entirely - and then finally having put them up on Flickr, I immediately notice yet another thing I should have addressed.

It could go on forever

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for taking the time Alan, very much appreciated. The Cambridge Dictionary defines "EXPERT" as "a ​person with a high ​level of ​knowledge or ​skill ​relating to a ​particular ​subject or ​activity". I'm sure many members here would place you (and a few others here) in that category. I'm sure that we all strive for excellence throughout our lives in some field or another but as "ordinary" people, a lot of us don't feel comfortable taking praise. In my case I get a huge buzz in helping others (as I'm sure most of us do) - no matter what it may entail, but a pat on the back now and then can be very humbling but also very much enjoyed. Sadly, there are not enough "Pats on the Back" these days, so thank you Alan for sharing your "Expert" opinions and wisdom on this fabulous forum.
    Working...
    X