Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poncianna

I took these photos when I had my macro rig set up for insects the other day, they were just a distraction at the time and I took the pics halfheartedly, handheld with pop-up flash.
    I find them interesting though, and maybe there is potential there somewhere, maybe a tripod could help next time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4267.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	418091

Name:	DSC_4270.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	418092

Name:	DSC_4271.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	418093

Name:	DSC_4272.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	418094

Cheers, Brad.

#3 is a beauty!

Maybe it could do with more room on the right but I'm nitpicking.

#4 has great appeal as well, the stray stamen(?) on left adds to the image, a real eye catcher.

Good stuff.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

• Ironwood
      Ironwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Nitpicking is good.
      All are uncropped so I don't have room to move with this lot, but next time I will take a bit more care to compose a bit more thoughtfully.

Cheers Mick
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

I like them too. I always like images of flowers where the stamen are sharp and the leaves oof. #3 for me. You did these half heartedly and I have often failed miserably when trying to purposely achieve this exact effect

Comment

Good close ups. Did you realise the spider was there when took the shot in #1?

Comment

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
          I like them too. I always like images of flowers where the stamen are sharp and the leaves oof. #3 for me. You did these half heartedly and I have often failed miserably when trying to purposely achieve this exact effect
          I have done a few of these type of shots before, but normally using ambient light and sometimes a tripod, these were taken handheld with diffused pop-up flash, they have a different look to the others I have taken. Though I do remember one previous one that I liked, it was a red Lilly that was backlight by the afternoon sun, if I can find it I will post it also.

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
          Good close ups. Did you realise the spider was there when took the shot in #1?
          The spider was a surprise, I only noticed it when I put them up on the computer screen
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Well defined shots
            A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Definitely lots of potential here Ironwood.
              I agree with others about number 3 being the strongest shot.
              Three has lovely repetition with multiple stamens in focus, there are strong leading lines, it's tidy looking and all with those stunning colours.

I bet some of your shots would have had a different focus if you had seen that spider. :-)
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
              Haven't been there, not done that.
              Jo

Comment

Cheers Jo. #3 is trending to be the most popular, I have been thinking I should turn it upside down and see if it looks any better. Maybe tonight if I remember.

If I knew the spider was there I definitely would have taken a few more shots
                Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Working...
                X