Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry, and a true story of Bulldust.

As you all know I pulled a few strings and organized for Harry (that's Prince Harry to the common folk) to drop me a poodle to improve my photography.

Well, imagine my surprise when Bulldust dropped from the sky!

Harry couldn't land the chopper so Bulldust was dropped from a considerable height (apparently he forgot to bring a parachute) and was thusly named Bulldust for the huge cloud of bulldust she created on landing, unharmed I hasten to add, poodles are tough.

She prefers to be called Dusty btw, quite touchy about it really.

Dusty prefers to ride up top

Click image for larger version

Name:	172h.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	408412

but not on windy days

Name:	173u.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	408413

and has already mastered the art of gate opening

Name:	ugjj.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	408414

Watch this space! I'm expecting fame and fortune to follow as we conquer the photographic world once negotiations with her agents are completed by our legal teams.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

You ratbag

It's obviously not a pedigree poodle as poodles always have gates opened for them.

I'd be getting in touch with Harry asap to see if it has customs clearance.

I fear Barnaby may already be sending officials in your direction.

Flea
    Last edited by Alan; 21-05-2015, 08:48 PM.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I hadn't thought of customs clearance! I could lose my knighthood over this, we could both be stuffed

Comment

There hasn't been enough ratbaggery around here for months. So pleased you two have fixed that.

Don't worry Mick. Poodles don't need customs clearance. Bella assures me they are treated like royalty wherever they go. The Queen doesn't need customs clearance, does she?

And your photography has certainly reached a new level. Looking good.

I'll pass the good news on to Bella tomorrow. Her agent has a great legal team, so if Dusty needs a leg up, she would be only too pleased to help out.
        Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Don't take it lightly Mick. While you have been swanning around the outback - matters of extreme canine importance have been occurring on the Gold Coast. The War on Terriers has never been so acute. You are probably in the safest place with you 'poodle', while the Government has concentrated it's efforts on sending the terriers back asap

http://www.abc.net.au/insiders/conte...5/s4237112.htm

I hope your knighthood is safe. Charles, (the royal one), or Tony, will probably make it so
          Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face. Dusty needs a bit of a trim by the look of it and can't imagine any poodle wanting to ride on the roof.

Comment

Good fun pics..................
              A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Thanks folks.

Gabby, Dusty insists on the roof rack, I tried tying her to the bullbar but she bit my leg in protest. Temperamental as anything these poodles I tell you. Doesn't want to travel in the cab with a mere commoner

Comment

Don't tell Dusty this but I think he looks more like a kitty. A new breed of Poodle I'm thinking ... and at least you have someone to talk to now ... and I'm betting you do too lol.

Charles and Alan must be so proud of you joining the Team Poodle.
                  Anna
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
                  My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Anna, I'm glad you bought up the 'kitty' likeness.

I was reluctant to suggest that Harry had dropped a dud on Mick, (I doubt Mick comes across many poodles in Broome)

But yes, at least he has someone to talk to on those long, cold nights.

Extended time in the desert can do strange things to one's mind

I think/hope Charles will sort things out, poodle wise, and Mick will be ready for the return trip - ready to enjoy the wildflowers.

And yes, we are secretly very proud of Mick
                    Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Lucky Harry didn't drop a Corgi on Mick .. it being the royal breed of dog and all. If Dusty is truly a canine then I'm thinking maybe a Maltese Terrier or ... a Moodle .. Maltese x Poodle. At least then it can be in the photos still and hold the Poodle name even if it's a Moodle.
                      Anna
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
                      My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Moodle shmoodle!

Dusty has asked me to inform you she is a female, not one of the lower form of Poodle, ie; male. Purebred, straight out of the blisterpack in the kiddies section so Harry tells me, and he's a Prince, I'm a Sir (well on my way to a Lordship his granny said, apparently) so it must be true.

Dusty assures me she is the genuine article. I must admit I had my doubts but her battery ran out a couple of days ago and she's not talking to me at the moment (knew I should have gone for the rechargeable model!)

She took no offence at the "kitty" remark because as we all know there's not a cat on this earth that secretly doesn't wish it were a poodle...even a male.

I didn't introduce Charles to Dusty, thought he might get jealous and do a swap for Bella behind my back. Must admit though, Bella is cute...and adorable...and cuddly and friendly and one of the most gorgeous dogs I've ever met, but her outback credentials are an area of concern.

For starters Charles carries Bella around inside the car all dressed up in warm clothes with her own personal blanket and stuff, rather than mounted on the roof rack. Bella probably hates that but is too polite to complain.

Comment

as they say ...in the desert on those loooooong nights alone....... you don't want to be stuck with an ugly one......boom..boom.
                          cheers
                          Rod
                          Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

Working...
                          X