No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED INSECT

LEARNING THE ART OF MACRO

NOT GOT A CLUE WHAT IT IS , JUST FOUND IT IN THE BACK YARDClick image for larger version

Name:	insect.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	411.0 KB
ID:	404023

Pretty good shot of it whatever it is Bill. You're getting the hang of that lens by the look of it. Did you use flash?

Comment

no flash better learn a bit more before i try

Comment

Pretty sure it's a bug. No need to thank me.

Macro is good fun, and one of the fun things is aiming for a good, interesting light. That's why we use a tri-pod and slow shutter speeds - provided the subject is still of course. Flash has no appeal for me as the resultant light can be very flat and harsh.

Look forward to seeing your future macro work.
        Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Maybe a Scentless Plant Bug? (how's that for a name )

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-2...oss-sa/4542748

or not -

It has an Assassin Bug look to it as well

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=r...w=1166&bih=715

Maybe Mark will know

Good luck with the macro
          Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• bill jolley
            bill jolley commented
            Editing a comment
            You have COMPLETLY confused me ,,it looks like scent less bug, but in the other link you sent me it looks like the other bug.

Well captured and what great colours that bug has.
          A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Originally posted by sejac View Post
            Pretty sure it's a bug. No need to thank me.

Macro is good fun, and one of the fun things is aiming for a good, interesting light. That's why we use a tri-pod and slow shutter speeds - provided the subject is still of course. Flash has no appeal for me as the resultant light can be very flat and harsh.

Look forward to seeing your future macro work.
            Interesting comment Charles. I think it worth noting that the most accomplished macro photographer on this forum (Mark) uses diffused flash with the excellent work he puts up. Without flash as an option I'd certainly be very limited to the macro shots I would capture and certainly nothing from underwater without flash.

It's all about the light yes, but more about controlling the light.

Comment

Nice shot Bill. We have a similar looking bug up here but it's more yellow in colour.

I agree about having to use flash but it has to be close to the bug and preferably diffused as Greg has said. If you look up Mark's site "Nature's Place - Macro Illustrated" you will find lots of helpful information. He posts some amazing images in our Macro section.

Comment

Working...
              X