No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male Gang-gang Cockatoo's.

Male Gang-gang Cockatoo's.

Last edited by Marios; 07-01-2015, 07:34 PM.

Good photos of this beautiful bird. I've only ever seen them in photographs. #1 and #3 would benefit from some noise reduction in the background - possibly caused by cropping. My favourite is #2, not as colourful as the other two birds but he's nicely framed and sharp and good eye contact. There is a dedicated 'birds' section in the forum you might like to post your shots in. At least you should see it - we did go through a stage where different users were seeing different things for some reason.

Comment

The second image captures my attention the most. Just love the cheekyness captured and lovely framing from the leaves.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
      Haven't been there, not done that.
      Jo

Comment

Nice set

Agree with Gabby about the noise in #1. Maybe it's high ISO? But great pose and noise can be dealt with.

The exif data has been stripped and you haven't provided it. Just a thought for next time? Sometimes it's useful to include f/stop and shutter speed etc too, for getting feedback and it also helps people new to Bird Photography to see how others do it.

#3 looks a bit cramped with no room for the bird to look into the photo - not sure if you have any more pixels to play with?

#2 is a beauty . Lovely light and eye contact.

I have no photos of these parrots so green with envy - well done
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Thank you for your input, I will correct noise. The grainy images were taken at 1/250@ ISO 500. The crisp one was ISO 100.
          Standard 18 - 55 mm IS II lens kit.
          Last edited by Marios; 07-01-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

#2. Since you've presented a squarish crop, I hope you have a little more space in front of the bird to work with?
            So add a little more space at lef and crop the right to just inside the branch that curves in and out of the frame. I find it distracting, thus taking my eye of the wonderful bird. It may also help make some leading lines stand out more and with a bit more space to the left those lines may lead to the head.
            I don't care about the BG noise in the first. The pose and composition make up for it.

Comment

500 ISO should be fine - maybe it's the crop? What camera/lens combo are you using?

IMHO, noise is secondary (as Mark said), the subject/pose/lighting etc are beautiful. Don't sweat over it.

Have you changed/edited the order of the photos? #2 is now #1, #1 is now #3, and #3 is now #2 or am I losing it
              Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by caralan View Post
                500 ISO should be fine - maybe it's the crop? What camera/lens combo are you using?

IMHO, noise is secondary (as Mark said), the subject/pose/lighting etc are beautiful. Don't sweat over it.

Have you changed/edited the order of the photos? #2 is now #1, #1 is now #3, and #3 is now #2 or am I losing it

Sorry Alan did make some changes have placed back in original order. I was able to deal with the noise, I believe it was a result of little over processing. Thank you for the compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
                  #2. Since you've presented a squarish crop, I hope you have a little more space in front of the bird to work with?
                  So add a little more space at lef and crop the right to just inside the branch that curves in and out of the frame. I find it distracting, thus taking my eye of the wonderful bird. It may also help make some leading lines stand out more and with a bit more space to the left those lines may lead to the head.
                  I don't care about the BG noise in the first. The pose and composition make up for it.

I agree the crop is not the best, Ill give this image now positioned as number 3 another go.

thank you

Comment

Retry on pic 3..

How about a fly over..?

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Marios; 08-01-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Your edit looks better to me.
                      Now to try and get a catch light in the eye next time.
                      Last edited by Mark L; 08-01-2015, 07:41 PM. Reason: Zpellin

Comment

Working...
                      X