No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Already?

Attached Files

In the 40's again next week. Fires raging in various parts.

Don't think so ........................
    Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Despite the continuing heat, there is the feel of autumn early in the morning and very late evening here. There is the most incredible stillness that I associate with autumn coming, plus the crickets have started calling and that only happens here, coming into autumn. Despite all the heat, 38°C today, we are going down below 15°C at night. The quilt has never come off the bed. We are 2 degrees below our average February minimum, but nearly 5 degrees above our average February maximums. The heat is only coming late in the afternoons, so it is very bearable. Low humidity as well.

Hope you don't get too many fires. Glad the air support is there to help out. It makes an incredible difference.

Comment

We don't have autumn where I live but this year has been the mildest summer I can remember for years. I'm still walking my dogs around 0730 whereas usually this time of year I do it at 0600 to escape the heat.

I do hope you get some respite from the heat down south soon and that they control the fires. It must be terrifying to be in the area where they are occurring.

Comment

We have lots of colour here, tho mostly yellow, ....... not so much from Autumn itself but from the persistent heat .... lots of leaves already on the ground, so there won't be too much mess when Autumn does kick in
          Barb
          "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Working...
          X